Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Well crap. The cat from the same company you used has the O2 sensor mounting in the wrong place so that the sensor hits the underside of the body. I've just sent an email to them describing the problem and asking for an overnight delivery of a replacement. We'll see if they come through or not.

Top side facing camera, forward end to the left. Note the misplacement of the fitting for the O2 sensor.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

That really sucks! I noticed your cat is bigger then the one I had, it still wasn't as big with the heat shield. I can see how you had trouble with it. Hopefully they will send you a new one. Did you look into an o2 sensor adapter? They come in 90° angles.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
That really sucks! I noticed your cat is bigger then the one I had, it still wasn't as big with the heat shield. I can see how you had trouble with it. Hopefully they will send you a new one. Did you look into an o2 sensor adapter? They come in 90° angles.
90 degree adapters?? I did not know of those. I'll take a look. Right now I'm pissed as I was hoping to get away for the weekend but that might not happen now.

The old one was definitely shot. It rattles around in there.

Thanks!

(BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread. I'll move any more comments to PMs.)

Old 07-19-2018, 05:24 PM
BF Veteran

Lol no problem... shows that I can be asked for advice, and sometimes will have answers lol

Old 07-19-2018, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran

I tried to send it via PM but I cannot add the picture like I can in here. This is the "adapter" I was talking about. This one is on Amazon.ca, but I'm sure it'll be on the Amazon.com as well. Hope it gets worked out. Are you able to throw the old one back in for the weekend?

Old 07-29-2018, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran

So I will thank chevy riders again for the idea. I haven't seen it before I seen him do it.

came back from a weekend away, and decided to start some of the body work/painting. I'm hoping to get the lower half done next weekend. But as I notice, 2 months ago I said I was gonna have time in 2 weeks... been 4 times that and I'm still looking for time lol.

but here it is. The back window pieces painted body color.

next body work is bottom half gloss black, and remaining chrome, (front between the head lights and on the black pieces at the bottom of the door) will also be white.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:48 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

the back window sticker is the best one I have ever seen in my life

Old 07-30-2018, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran

[QUOTE=DonL;692410]Rattle, loss of heat shield bugged me, it was starting to clog up and I was losing power, mileage wasn't the best, plus age. I think that's what made me think about replacing. I got mine off a site called ultraexhaust.com.

I don't suggest this site. The price isn't bad, but the quality is a gamble. And the costumer service sucks.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:58 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
So it' been rough. But so far I got the lift kit in, other then the torsion keys. Tomorrow I will put in the stearing stabilizer, and the new coupling disk, and bleed the read brakes. Passenger before
Driver before
Cut the upper differential mount
New upper differential braket mounted
Passenger differential spacer installed.
Driver side completed. Upper control arm, shock absorber, inner and outer tie rod, sway bar bushing, cv axle.
so far the before height was 5 1/2 inches.

now it sits at 7 1/4 inches with the stock torsion keys.
im not sure if you trimmed the mounting bracket all the way or not. I didn’t one mine and ended up with my tie rod hitting it and it started moving the diff before Where my tie rod was hitting when I didn’t trim properly
Trimmed for the tie rod now I have no issue took a year to start causing problems though

Old 07-31-2018, 09:00 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

It took the grease nipple right off my tie rod and starting moving the diff towards the tranny and the yolk was hitting the bell housing. Had to remove my diff and fix all the trimming

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer