Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 11:21 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Just ordered $75 worth of silicone couplers from these guys. I know I'll need a couple more pieces, but this will get me started.

I'll have to figured out how to tie the valve cover vent into the air intake, but they sell a kit to put a port into the silicone pieces on that website, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran

So, I received my order from silicone intakes, and got it mocked up. I just placed a second order for the last couple pieces I need. I think it's gonna turn out looking really good. Far, far less ghetto than I had expected.

Not the greatest pic, but it shows the routing pretty well. I would really like to do away with the stock ducting completely, but building something that flattens out over the radiator like that would be tough. Plus, figuring out a way to stick the stock intake air temp into silicone.

Once it's all done, my buddy Jeff (same one who built the relay panel, the switch panel, and the new 4wd switch) has offered to fab up a bracket for the filter housing, so it's not flopping all over the place.

Last edited by cleburne red; 03-28-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:01 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

That looks pretty damn good... I forgot that the intake are different on the older 2nd gens... mine looks like it would line up really good with that spot... REALLY tempted to get one now. I think it would suit the fender flares on mine lol...

Old 03-28-2019, 07:27 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by DonL
That looks pretty damn good... I forgot that the intake are different on the older 2nd gens... mine looks like it would line up really good with that spot... REALLY tempted to get one now. I think it would suit the fender flares on mine lol...
I know the newer 2nd gens have a different intake setup, but I can't remember exactly how they sit. Just seen them in the junkyard a few times.

It was tricky drilling the holes for the top part to bolt to the A pillar, that was probably the hardest part. Mine didn't turn out too clean, but it's covered, at least.

I'll get a how to together once it's done, with better pics and a parts list that I used

Old 03-28-2019, 07:54 AM
BF Veteran

Awesome!

Old 03-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Looks good! I want one now. I will have to go to a smaller light bar if I do though. I have a bunch of stuff planned for my jimmy I just need to find some time and money.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Looks good! I want one now. I will have to go to a smaller light bar if I do though. I have a bunch of stuff planned for my jimmy I just need to find some time and money.
I've got plenty of time, and I would have the money, but that old lady of mine keeps insisting we pay bills and buy groceries and other unimportant things

Old 03-28-2019, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran

Hey I got one of those too! Not wife yet, but shes my wifey lol

Old 03-28-2019, 05:56 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

The time part is the kicker for me.
Money is good, but expecting to be 'expecting' soon...then I know the money will no longer be there.

Snorkel looks awesome, by the way!

Old 03-28-2019, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
... expecting to be 'expecting' soon...
Good luck man. It's rough at first, but once you get em domesticated, kids ain't so bad. They're pretty good helpers sometimes!

Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread