Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 04:11 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys! Okay, I am done thread jacking, sorry rexmburns!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Haha no worries that's why I post this stuff so people can ask questions and learn. I learn so much from what I read on forums!!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

Hey Rex, sorry I haven't gotten back to before now. I've changed jobs & moved & in between everything completely for got about your toolbox until yesterday. I'm not working at the same place so I can't get another made. But I remembered awhile back I was looking at some "stealth tool boxes" instead of making mine. When I get a chance ill post a link to the one I saw.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Hey man! No worries I no how life goes just glad to see you are working again! I'm dealing with a failing trans right now so thats my priority for a bit. I think I found one I'm going to take a look at it next week wish me luck everyone! On top of that the wife has put me on a tighter budget since we are trying to get all of our debt paid off so we can buy a house soon. Two adults, a 14 yr old (might as well be an adult) an 8 month old and three large dogs don't fit so well in our 2 bedroom condo anymore!! We are about $5k away though from a little over $20k 18 months ago so we are doing good!! Now if things would just quit breaking!

Edit: Post #1000!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

That sux to hear about the trans bud! I'm slightly worried about mine, I'm gunna put a new filter & servo upgrade soon hopefully. Mines got the front diff out so I can swap in a blazer one. It sucks being on a tight budget but that's a good idea to pay off any debt. We're gunna find out this next what my wife's college years are gunna cost us. Lol

Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Well I managed to get some quick disconnects made for the front sway bar. I still have to make something to hold it out of the way when disconnected but my factory bushings and bolts were shot so I figured I would go ahead and make these instead just replacing them with regular bolts and washers.
Heres some pics if you have questions ask
Compared to the old that I had to cut off!
Name:  IMAG1331.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  856.3 KB
Name:  IMAG1332.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  1.00 MB
Name:  IMAG1334.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  1.18 MB
And installed
Name:  IMAG1335.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  1.39 MB

Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

I finally got all the pieces that I ordered to do my front receiver shackles so I went to work on them.
I hated how the little shackles that came on the Harbor Freight receivers looked so I ordered some beefier 5/8 shackles on ebay to swap them with. I had to drill the receiver tube a tiny bit to fit the larger shackle but it was worth the extra effort IMO.

Heres a comparison shot of the orignal (right) and 5/8 shackle (left).
Name:  IMAG1337.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  1.63 MB
Name:  IMAG1338.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  1.65 MB
And with both 5/8 as they should be (sorry its a crappy pic)
Name:  IMAG1349.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  1.74 MB

Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

That looks badass rex! Do the shackles clunk around while you are driving?

Old 11-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

I thought they might but so far I haven't heard anything and I even tried to listen for them.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Well I got a few goodies for xmas and have a few of them on so far No point in talking about it much everyone wants to see pics anyway!
Before

After

I don't have any of the wiring done yet. I am going to replace my battery with a yellow top and do a ad244 upgrade before I put power to the lights and I want to take my time and do a nice clean install on the wiring. My current battery and alt have a hard time keeping up with the factory setup let alone any accesories I will be gathering the needed supplies for that. I did manage to put some connectors on the two lights on the front heres some pics.
Nicely crimped

All together with some shrink tubing around the wires to keep them pretty and protected.

I did both lights like this and will do the other three this way as well so that they have weather proof connections and will be easilly removeable if needed.

My new to me ARB tow strap and shackle came in as well. I picked them up from a guy on s10forum for $35 shipped I think I got the better end of that deal than him lol!!

Compared to my old strap

Its pretty thick!

And just to show how large the shackle is! The smaller one is the shackles that are in my front receivers! I'll be putting this in the hitch out back.

I also go my PA 2" BL and a new radio install kit so I can finally put that in properly. I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow and of course I will get pics when I do it. I didn't get my train horn cause the wife decided that it was a waste of alot of money she said she has another gift coming for Valentines day for me that will replace the horn but won't tell me what it is! I did however get the hobart 140 welder I asked for it just hasn't arrived yet!

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-imag1430.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1436.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1435.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1437.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1432.jpg  

My small 96 Blazer build-imag1434.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1440.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1438.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1439.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-imag1441.jpg  

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build