Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010 | 11:27 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I think it would look cool to smoke them to go with the black look.

Old 05-29-2010 | 10:31 AM
|
Phil is on a distinguished road

I'm really considering going to the pick 'n pull and getting some corners to VHT. I figure thats a cheap option for the corners. But I love the ones that Matt (cbr995) has on his ride, I think they're very clean looking.

Oh, and was going to install LEDs today, but I underestimated how much to use when I ordered the strips. Got another one on the way, should install both sets next weekend at some point. Also, Edelbrock SDT muffler ships on Friday. 2 1/2" in/out, stainless steel for $90. AWESOME!

Next on the "to order" list: ACDelco wires.

Last edited by Phil; 05-29-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2010 | 07:42 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I just noticed your Cardomain page, and it got me wondering...What kind/brand of paint did you use for the front chrome strip?? It looks like a damn near match to the factory paint.

I'll be doing mine soon...when the snow melts...

Can't wait to hear the muffler too. I wanna see how those LEDs turn out also. Keep us posted!

Old 05-30-2010 | 08:48 PM
Beginning Member
thereverendbill is on a distinguished road

Those rims look awesome ...... i have always been a fan of I-rocs on S trucks .... excellent choice

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:34 AM
|

Originally Posted by RangerG
I just noticed your Cardomain page, and it got me wondering...What kind/brand of paint did you use for the front chrome strip?? It looks like a damn near match to the factory paint.

I'll be doing mine soon...when the snow melts...

Can't wait to hear the muffler too. I wanna see how those LEDs turn out also. Keep us posted!
Thanks! There will certainly be more updates to come For the primer, paint, and clear coat I used Krylon Fusion spray cans. Sand it down, 2 coats of primer, sanded, another coat of primer, 2 coats of paint, and one coat of clear. The cans say no sanding necessary, but they lie lol.

Originally Posted by thereverendbill
Those rims look awesome ...... i have always been a fan of I-rocs on S trucks .... excellent choice
Thanks! A lot of hard work was put into the prepping for painting those rims. Glad to hear positive feedback!

Old 05-31-2010 | 12:44 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you know what your truck needds Phil?......................oktain's clear corners.
I agree

I want those goddam things gone, they're packed up and ready to go, just waiting for a buyer. I'd even install them for you but for reasons that don't need mentioning that's not gonna happen. I got alot of comments from my friends about how it set the look of the truck off, and I think it'd go good with the silver lip you have on the rims. I've never been a fan of tinted corner lights personally.

Either way, those IROC's are pure sex. nicely done.

Old 06-02-2010 | 09:56 AM
|

Thanks Pat! Wish I could have bought those corners off of you, but glad to hear about the local sale, always a good thing.

Green LEDs came in yesterday. I tested them out briefly once I got them out of the packaging, and they're exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully installing this weekend at some point.

Old 06-28-2010 | 09:11 AM
|

Been a few weeks, but finally had the time to install the LEDs yesterday. Went to take pics and the camera died as soon as I turned it on. So pics later today. Overall, they look AWESOME! So now that I have this crossed off my to-do list.... I'm waiting for the funds to come in to get fog lights or my muffler put on. Which to do first?

Old 06-30-2010 | 04:25 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Muffler!!!

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:44 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Muffler. It would be less work.
Be sure to post a video of the exhaust.