Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Black ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well I'm gonna post this up here. I think I have the answers or at least a direction to go.

I have been having major problems with my Jimmy. It started by MAF code. Thought it was just because I was using Costco gas religiously because it was up to 6 cents cheaper per litre. So I switched to good ole expensive Esso. MAF code went away and I was happy. Until one day it just plan crapped out. Missfire to the point of me having to give it gas to keep it going.

I took it to Chris (OldSkoolLuvr) and we switched out the MAF to a JY one and put a new Dist Cap on which I didn't do when I did the tune up in the summer. It helped alot! But it was never 100%.

Its back now with a vengeance. Tried to start it this morning and it started first try with a little trouble but nothing bad. I wanted to check the oil first so I turned it off. Go to start it after said checking of oil and wont stay on. Gave it a few more tries and I finally had to give it gas to stay running, then it idled fine. On the road I go. Well I got it up to temp and then tried some harder driving. I can't make it up a hill keeping a steady speed. It won't rev past 3000 and when it gets close it looses all power and then slowly drops RPM with the pedal to the floor. Try and use a higher gear and it just switched right back.

So now to the troubleshooting. Chris and I are thinking cat. converter. But reading through a few threads last night, I cam across Splice pack 423? My gas gauge does fluctuate until put in neutral. Well if I fix that and it only fixes the fuel gauge so be it. Chris also thinks it may be the spider assembly. This whole time since switching gas stations I have gotten an O2 sensor heater circuit aswell. The same one I changed before winter.?!?

If anyone has any other suggestions or things to check out let me know! Everything is welcomed!

Last edited by zedartwo; 01-18-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Can't help you on those problems, but the new rims look great!

Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Oh haha. I was like "what rims" lol Then I remembered the acura ones

Old 01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You really need to come up with a better name for your build.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:38 PM

Haha why? I couldn't think of anything.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Its back now with a vengeance. Tried to start it this morning and it started first try with a little trouble but nothing bad. I wanted to check the oil first so I turned it off. Go to start it after said checking of oil and wont stay on. Gave it a few more tries and I finally had to give it gas to stay running, then it idled fine. On the road I go. Well I got it up to temp and then tried some harder driving. I can't make it up a hill keeping a steady speed. It won't rev past 3000 and when it gets close it looses all power and then slowly drops RPM with the pedal to the floor. Try and use a higher gear and it just switched right back.

funny, i don't remember getting a phone call this morning.................

Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 PM

I don't remember the said phone call yesterday before the text saying you would and still never came lol. Had a lot to do today buddy.

I think its just my capacitor anyways. every once in a while I open the door to it screaming at me lol. Loose connection somewhere.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Haha why? I couldn't think of anything.
it's just so.....blah. Very unoriginal lol. Put some effort into it man!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
it's just so.....blah. Very unoriginal lol. Put some effort into it man!

he's saving it for his build!

or maintence.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:02 PM

I'm not creative lol.

Well not too much lately but I did wash it! Kept it clean for 4Kms lol So far.....

Quick Reply: Project: Black ZR2