Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:29 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cuddie
i almost forgot, you should check out my pickup, it's my major project. the engine is dirty though cuz of all the cutting and fab work though. I don't mean to get this thread side tracked though haha
dont worry about sidetracking the thread, its all cool as long as its about blazers haha, i agree on the engine detailing though, id like to clean mine up some this summer what did you do to make it look so nice?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Tire and engine spray in the do it yourself carwash and some rags will do wonders. If yours is really bad I'd say pick up some degreaser from the detailing section. After this winter I can't wait to clean mine up again

Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
After this winter I can't wait to clean mine up again
I hear ya...i dont know the last time my engine was cleaned up so it could be quite the project, i think it will be worth the work though. If you can get yours looking like what it did before it would be well worth the work

Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
Cuddie is on a distinguished road

hey blazerguy, i just read some of your audio stuff, one hint, don't run your rca's anywhere near your power wires you end up with engine noise coming through the speakers. It's a basic easy mistake that i've seen way too many times. Also nice job on the clearance lights. i've never seen that on a blazer before. As for engine bay... i agree with Sporty_drew, tireshine on all rubber lines, hoses etc. and just clean and polish. And yeah you have to clean everything first haha. I like to match some simple or subtile things to the body color to break up all the black.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Stupid questions. What prep do you do when washing the engine?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by cbr995
Stupid questions. What prep do you do when washing the engine?
EDIT: my bad i miss interpretted this if anyone saw that post! sorry cbr

Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM

What? No! I was saying I have a stupid question. I originally had 2, but I got rid of one. I really want to know what to cover up in my engine. It's filthy!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Beginning Member
Cuddie is on a distinguished road

when i do mine, i just spray the engine and underside of my hood with degreaser, with the engine running. Oh and be carefull not to use anything too strong. then i rinse it with a pressure washer, try not to spray your distributer too directly and if you have a intake then don't spray the air filter with anything. My 350 has a 4 inch k&n so i do it with the engine off, and the filter removed and a bag bungied around the throttle body.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddie
hey blazerguy, i just read some of your audio stuff, one hint, don't run your rca's anywhere near your power wires you end up with engine noise coming through the speakers. It's a basic easy mistake that i've seen way too many times. Also nice job on the clearance lights. i've never seen that on a blazer before. As for engine bay... i agree with Sporty_drew, tireshine on all rubber lines, hoses etc. and just clean and polish. And yeah you have to clean everything first haha. I like to match some simple or subtile things to the body color to break up all the black.
Thank you for the tip on the power wires, this is completely not an issue on mine because i ran the power wire under the vehicle and brought it up near the tailgate haha. I thought that would be the easiest way to go since i wouldn't have to bring it through the firewall.

As for the clearance lights thank you! took me about 3 and a half hours to install but it was well worth it. I also have to thank SpectreBlazer for that idea because he posted up the how to on it.

Lastly, for the engine i agree with body matching the subtle things, but which things could i paint? Considering the Intake where it says Vortec-V6

Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 PM

why should the engine be on?

Quick Reply: Project Blazed