Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B

WEAK... this isnt a build so much as a series of repairs

sure it is! it's a build on, "How to keep your Blazer on the road. a step (repair) by step (repair) process."

Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Maybe i'll rename it project Hayne's Manual....

Old 01-15-2010, 08:19 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

You know I still haven't got that skid plate, didn't you get my address I PM'd you?

Anything new on Project Haynes?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah the skid plate got returned after the wheels/rims you sent me were CID. i called the tracking number and had it returned to me

as for Project Haynes.... yeah. read my sig to do list ROFL!

i'll post what i accomplished in "what di d you do to your blazer" thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

hey just a side note on the brush guard install..almost forgot to put it up here.
when i slid the angle steel into the frame ends all was good, but one thing.
the frames angle pulls the brush guard towards the hood...thank god i didnt slam it down after guard install. i had to use longer bolts in the rear tow hook hole and added 4 washers (between angle steel and frame) to level out with the front tow hook hole that i used for the front bolt.
just some f.y.i for what its worth.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran

Awesome! good to know

one day i might just install it too....

Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

glad to help.
i find myself in a similar boat now as you regarding repairs.
within the last week my blower motor went and now over the last couple days i find that driving the ol' girl feels like the steering has gotten really loose. hoping it is just idler arm. i did tie rods this summer. why is it when i didnt have repairs weather was nice and now at 30 and below everything is going to crap???

Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran

because your blazer teams up with the weather to hate you...

if your tierods are good, and the pitman/idler check out, look at your sway bar also.

i just got new front half shafts/pitman/idler/shocks and alignment. she was rock solid for about 2 weeks. then started wallowing again. i was like "WTF M8?! then my sway bar link started clicking and finally when ( o Y o ) up on me and i had to swap them (and the bushing) out. long story short, my ride and steering are back on track! now i'm just waiting for my tie rods to go rouge on me and i will have a new front end!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran

*blows some dust off*

Wow.... it's been a month since I have been on here, and a while more since I did anything useful.

Today I took a run at my leaf springs. After not attempting to do anything other than burn the bushings out to save time, I ran into the problem that only 2 of the 6 bushings i got, fit.... I will be going back to the parts store to fix that soon.

I have done some things to the old Blazer since the last update. Wired it for a trailer. put splash guards on it. polished the throttle body and EGR. cleaned the MAF. swapped the fuel filter and got an oil change.

I have my roof basket off so I can mount the lights (finally) but i can't wire them in until i finish painting my center consle so i can mount the rocker switches...

blah. basically failed, and wasted a weeknd. kindda bummed actually...

here is some eye candy though since you dropped by. both are my dad's toys. J10 jeep truck puller built to own in the country modified class. and his new project impala that will soon get that tastey 502...

Attached Thumbnails Project: Ripcord-1the-502.jpg   Project: Ripcord-2-502-again.jpg   Project: Ripcord-3-jurassic-puller.jpg   Project: Ripcord-4-67-impala.jpg   Project: Ripcord-5-soon-get-502-donor-motor.jpg  

Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Burn them out! I guess thats one way of doing it.
Bummer about bushes being the wrong size, so is she sitting ther saggy *** & bushless.LOL
Thanks for the eye candy, should be putting the 502 in the blazer hehe.

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord