Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

cadilatic convertor

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Lil Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cadilatic convertor

well when i start my truck it idles rough and when im at a complete stop and i put it to the floor it bogs for a second then gets up to speed slowly. i know it has more power for a v6 vortec. i think its cadilatic contertor. can anyone give me tips??
also a buddy said to the the convertor out and i was thinking what the fhk??? i dont know much about vehicles and im 16 but im tryin to learn cause what i do know is fun. lol
so if anyone can help it will be appreciated a lot.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: cadilatic convertor

Ryan, what makes you suspect the catalytic converter?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How does the truck run up at higher RPMs? A clogged catalytic converter has more of an impact on higher RPM performance.

I'd look for a vacuum leak that may cause an off idle bog. Could also be a stuck EGR valve.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point

yea dude why you think its the cat? im only 17 but im an expert, just ask anyone here. ok maybe not but i can think of several things it could be. i mean if you have a specific reason to think the cat let us know. also just so you know it helps a lot to give us the vehicle info. and its a lot easier if you put it in your sig, you just gotta click the little box before you post.