General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Emissions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

here's a thought for ya, you only have a dump on it for the "stealth" of it correct? why dont you put the stock tailpipe back in place, or get a stock style tailpipe, and move the hangar on it (or you could have a taiilpipe made to do the same thing) so that the turndown is still facing down and out away from the car (no fumes in the car and you make the emissions people happy) but the tip is tucked behind the bumper (so you can keep your stealth look).

That's what i'd do, i've been thinking about doing exactly that with mine but i don't care enough about it being stealth to cut my pretty welds on my tailpipe.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 95blackblaze
I had my exhaust turn down just ahead of the axle on my old pick-up and was told that I needed a tailipe. The exhaust was leagle and clear of the passenger compartment of the truck so I asked why the need for a tailpipe. Their reasoning was that they couldn't reach it without sliding under the truck and that the probe might get caught in the rollers. Funny as it sounds , cause I know one of the mechanics in the shop, there were a few probes ripped out of the testing machine and tangled in the rollers. Apparently the probes arn't that cheap and neither is the repair on the machine. So by the time I got there that was their policy for refusal for testing.
Thanks for this reply, it has made me look at the situation in a different light.

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
here's a thought for ya, you only have a dump on it for the "stealth" of it correct? why dont you put the stock tailpipe back in place, or get a stock style tailpipe, and move the hangar on it (or you could have a taiilpipe made to do the same thing) so that the turndown is still facing down and out away from the car (no fumes in the car and you make the emissions people happy) but the tip is tucked behind the bumper (so you can keep your stealth look).

That's what i'd do, i've been thinking about doing exactly that with mine but i don't care enough about it being stealth to cut my pretty welds on my tailpipe.
Stealth, yes, and also i figured the sound would be different seeing as its pointing at the ground, i havent had normal exhaust is so long i forgot if there is a difference, hehe.

But yes, your idea is a good one, im not really stressing it anymore, ill sort this out next weekend.