General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I just want to be able to see

Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Beginning Member
ahawks47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I just want to be able to see

After driving through another snow storm at night, I have decided it might be time for some upgrades on the '94 Blazer. First off I was wondering what headlight upgrades are available, and which ones work the best? Right now I just have the regular incandescent bulbs that are getting dim. Secondly, are there wiper blades out there that don't leave a streak right through the middle of where I'm looking, it always seems that the rest of the windshield is nice and clear but not where I want to be looking. And lastly, is there a way to fix the windshield washer sprayer so it sprays more on the drivers side since right now it just sprays in the middle and only cleans the passenger side. I have tried turning it with some channel locks, but it never wants to move and I'm afraid of breaking it off. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Have you looked at getting HID headlights? They are a hell of a lot brighter and there is a supplier on the forum that gives forum members a deal (HID Extra). Take a look at the sponsor board down at the bottom of the forum for more info on them.
As for wipers, and wipers without hinges will work for not leaving a streak. I know armourall and rain-x both make some. Expect to pay more then a regular wiper for them, but they work very well. Here is a pic of what they look like:

There are several different companies that make these now.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I use the regular RainX wipers and never had any issues. I know a few guys with first gens and they don't like the way HID's worked on their trucks so they switched back to the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs and they have zero issue seeing at night now. If you decide to purchase HID's, I would suggest 5000K or 6000K.