General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Passenger floor wet

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Agree on the windshield seal and/or door seal. If it is wet up under the dash, it likely is the windshield.

Besides water being bad for the modules under the dash, it can also damage the grounds.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Beginning Member
Flying3 is on a distinguished road

Interesting that this thread was brought back today. I have ignored the wet passenger carpet which was probably a mistake because my 4WD no longer engages. I tested it a couple of days ago, and heard an awful grinding sound in the front end. Now I get both 4hi and 4 lo lights flashing when pressing either button while in neutral and nothing when trying to engage 4hi while in drive.

Just this morning I brought it in for someone to look at. I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worse.

Last edited by Flying3; 10-22-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The grinding sound is most likely due to either an actuator/cable/vacuum line problem or a problem with the vacuum switch on the transfer case (if you have the NV233 - 3-button switch on the dash).

The flashing light issue could be a corroded TCCM connection or a bad ground under the dash. Always pays to start there on these. It could be a cheap easy fix.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Shmuckles is on a distinguished road

Whoops, wasn't sure about how to go about posting as I am new to the forum world. But I now understanding that "birthing" a new post is much more effective than the resurrection of an old one

Thank you for your guys' advice and I checked into your suggestions.
Still however, it remains a mystery it seems.
It is really bizarre... I ran a hose over the hood, windshield, doors etc and I couldn't get it to leak?? I am positive (but now wondering if I'm loosing it) that the doors were fully shut and windows closed when the rain hit...

But I am still having problems with the headlights not coming on and not sure if water damage has hurt a ground etc. Luckily they do come on when I hit the dash, which leads me to think that it is a loose connection/bad ground of sorts? I have heard electrical problems can be a nightmare to diagnose, should I even attempt, or just cut the losses and take her in?

As for the leak issue...It is supposed to rain here again tonight, so I made damn sure everything was shut up tight and now I play the waiting game to see if I have any surprises tomorrow.

Thanks again for your input!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Don't know if this will help but this is what happen to Kiwi blazer with wet floor issue https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/my-poor-truck-31258/