General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Well, I had plans for the blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

Talked to the other party's insurance co and they said it's now listed as a probable total. Send them the accident report and the adjuster is supposed to call this afternoon to talk and then set up an appointment to see it.

I'm checking out Craigslist and Autotrader for a replacement. Whatever I get it will need a lot of stuff to get back where this one was as far as having things taken care of (everything from wiper blades to brake pads).

Not sure what all is going to happen. Waiting game right now. I need 4wd wheels....big snow coming tomorrow and I don't want to take my 12-sec firebird out in it....

Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Be sure to show them the value for the vehicles in your area... I got a larger amount because a dealer was selling my exact model/year with 222,000 miles for 6k, so they bumped it towards that. Also if you have any extra modifications that you did, like say the rotors, be sure to mention they were just replaced... etc..... Depending on the adjuster,.... they may be nice and work with you...

Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, when you PM'd me & told me it got wrecked... I didnt think it was THAT bad. Man that thing is WASTED. That sucks, you did have some good plans for it.

Well if you get lucky, you might be able to find a good deal on a new blazer & get to use the rest of the check on all the mods you had in store for this one. At least this happened before you got all your work done.... i know you were very close to doing that stuff too.

Damn, i probably would have went to jail if that happened to mine. Probably would have beat that guys face with the torque wrench i carry for a tire iron. Cuz I know for a FACT no insurance company would give me what mine is worth.

Last edited by jsmz; 01-28-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:41 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you say you would beat his face in with a torque wrench? No one was at fault, it was a nasty night out apparently. No need for violence. That's why it's called an accident. And using a torque wrench for a tire iron is probably not the best idea in my book...

Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

alot of things i do are not the best things to do and i have no problem with that. probably why im a two time convicted felon, and i said that because thats probably what i would do. im not going to lie or sugar coat it at all.

if the guy would have been being more responsible in the first place it more than likely wouldnt have happened. i know it and you know it the chances of " just going sideways" for no apparent reason is slim no matter the road conditions. more than likely the guy was screwing around with his cell, cigarette, coffee, whatever. I can tell you if i had hit someone like that i would fully expect a fist in my mouth and wouldnt even think to press charges either.

if more people faced physical consequences in life for the actions they take, i guarantee you they would be a lot more careful about the things they do.
I got my *** beat regularly as a kid and deserved every bit of it. i also learned many valuable lessons from it
just like spankin a disobedient child. ground him, hes not going to learn a thing, spank his *** and he will think twice next time.

and yeah, using a torque wrench is a good idea since the lugs are supposed to be torqued to 103 ft lbs. not just turn it till its tight. your book must be pretty thin.

Last edited by jsmz; 01-29-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

and my wife thinks i have road rage issues!

i'm not gonna tell you how to live your life brother, the physical threat bit doesn't work (especially if you're a big guy), and an off the cuff remark landed me in the back of a cruiser for over an hour (all while i was supposed to be at a funeral, acting as a Pallbearer ).

Originally Posted by jsmz
if more people faced physical consequences in life for the actions they take, i guarantee you they would be a lot more careful about the things they do.
i just think the cops should crack down on the little things (like signaling, lane mergeing, and left turns to name a few), and the larger "mistakes" should correct themselves.

Originally Posted by jsmz
im not going to lie or sugar coat it at all.

i don't think anyone should have to suger coat anything. if you don't like what i have to say, that's your opinion, and we're all entitled to our own opinion. PC crap is for the birds.

well, i think we've jacked his thread enough. back to the topic @ hand.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Man that blows. glad your ok tho. Just a heads up...There are easier ways to shave the side moldings. lol