General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by svd85
Nothing major today, just did an oil change and waiting for the air filter to dry that i just washed... anyone know how much oil i should really put on the filter when re-oiling it? I have one of those cleaning kits with that oil in a spray bottle.

Just put on enough to cover the filter with a nice thin layer, that will help catch and dirt and dust that may touch the filter.

On another note, today I took my axle shaft down to Inland Empire Driveline and had them remove the old u-joint and install my new one. Went back home jacked the truck up and disassembled the whole front passengers side to take out the old axle shaft and put the other in. Did it all in around 45 minutes and was still on time to pick my brother up for school AND stop for gas Feels good to drive my blazer again for the first time in about 2 weeks.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I yelled at my exhaust some more. Couldn't get my driver side in and it's getting ready to pour so I had to give it up. But I finished the passenger side. Got it hung and my turndown put on it. I'm still thinking about cutting some pipe off to shorten it. Still only have one side of my new lights in... I forgot about those... oops.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

since i cleaned and superglued the center console yesterday, I took the seats out today, and vacummed the carpet...YAY it doesnt stink anymore

I can only imagine the nice new smell when I have money for new carpet

Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Changed the plugs and wires on the easy (passenger) side. Other side this weekend.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member
buck8907 is on a distinguished road

well, yesterday i decided on exhaust. Wednesday it'll be done, got it started but I hate it cuz its insanely loud inside lol

Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1oldK5
On another note, today I took my axle shaft down to Inland Empire Driveline and had them remove the old u-joint and install my new one. Went back home jacked the truck up and disassembled the whole front passengers side to take out the old axle shaft and put the other in. Did it all in around 45 minutes and was still on time to pick my brother up for school AND stop for gas Feels good to drive my blazer again for the first time in about 2 weeks.

Hmm... know what they'd charge for a set from an S-10 Blazer?
not the same as U-Joints.. but I have a set that need some new CVs and a good balancing.

the desert is a tad rough on em.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I put in an overhead console last week. Now I can get lost and tell what temperature it is!!!

Today I'm installing a Sirius satellite in the blazer. It's one of the kind that interfaces with my Kenwood HU so its gonna be nice.

And vacuum and detail it a bit.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Starting Member

today, im planning on pulling some stuff out of the engine bay, cleaning everything, and spraying some color on some things.....it looks like its storming, so maybe not..heres hopin though...

Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Byte Stryke
Hmm... know what they'd charge for a set from an S-10 Blazer?
not the same as U-Joints.. but I have a set that need some new CVs and a good balancing.

the desert is a tad rough on em.
Yea I'm not entirely sure. To press out my old u-joint and put the new one I already bought in was only $20 US. Their phone number is (909) 390 3030 and the shop itself is maybe 10 mins tops from my house.
They do mostly deal in driveshafts however but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do what you need.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Starting Member

ended up pulling the blazer back into the garage....pulled this off:

and called a glass shop to install this:

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?