General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 09:17 PM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Those wheels and tires would look good on my old Saturn that has 4 lug wheels
4x100? (Yes, I know, it is pictured 5 lug. They come both ways. I actually bought my last 1st Gen just for the wheels..)

I have either 2 or 4 of these. If I have 2, I need to buy two more.. Beware sellers! Haha. I even had these on my most recent 1st Gen, may it R.I.P.

Apparently, they can be found if you look hard enough.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:41 AM
BlazerFunRaiser is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing rear shackle

Replacing rear shackle on 2001 S 10 Blazer.
Douse with penetrating oil, hit bolt with hammer , turn bolt slightly with wrench, cuss, repeat 10,000 times.......

Old 04-12-2020, 10:20 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I finally did what I had been asking my son to do for his radio issues. Pulled the console apart and found the Bose amp was gone as I expected. Also found a rat's nest of wires and this console has 4 alpine speakers on it so again expected.

Looked at the 6 locations for the Bose system speakers and found a 2 way set up in the doors and a 3 way speaker in rear. Now are getting somewhere with this information I tell him I will refabricate the harness to eliminate the piece for use with Bose amp. I wind up one connector short but the unit works.

Hopefully it's not effing magic to him but how logic will solve most problems

Old 04-14-2020, 11:29 PM

Today, (yesterday?) I officially ditched the mechanic (that possibly jiggered a screw, as swartlkk suspected and I have not been able to verify... and cut the corner on the intake... okay) and took it to a NEW GUY that appears to know Blazers very well. He even has a 95, 2-door, same color as mine, just not two-tone... so. The first thing he did was write "BRAKE BOOSTER" on the repair ticket. (I figured out about a week ago that the other guy was not really interested in dealing with the truck much longer. No new heater hose.. just cut and reattach the old one. "The cruise control doesn't work" = "Oh, I dont know, I would have to look at it and cant today." Mmmhmmm. Well...)

So. Whether it is the brake booster at fault, or a dry-rotted and cracked hose, or both.. I have long suspected my VACUUM LEAK is coming from there, as when the brake pedal is depressed.. I was told "it almost sounds like air brakes" so. That is getting fixed, finally. My leg sure got a workout in driving it, oh, about.. 6000 miles? Like that.

The windshield wipers not spraying fluid was also brought to his attention. I bought a new tank, as I felt that is why it was not spraying washer fluid. He seemed to disagree, and asked me if the tank was holding fluid.. I just let him know I had a replacement tank on the passenger seat.

As to that door.. I *MAY* have found one 40 miles away in "Millville." I will sure check that out.

Then, I need to decide if I want it.... or, if I dump it for $1000.

This is where we are at with it

Name:  lM9HQjE.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  1.75 MB

Here is the bad side .

Name:  cihr7Te.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  1.94 MB

Here is the door...

Name:  PnChVif.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  402.0 KB

So, I have a choice to make.

Is it in good (or at least better, there is another 97 S-10 truck there too, also teal and not two-tone...) hands, with new mechanic.. Or, should I get out of it for $1000? What would you do. ?

Old 04-15-2020, 02:05 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 93S10TahoeLT
Today, (yesterday?) I officially ditched the mechanic (that possibly jiggered a screw, as swartlkk suspected and I have not been able to verify... and cut the corner on the intake... okay) and took it to a NEW GUY that appears to know Blazers very well. He even has a 95, 2-door, same color as mine, just not two-tone... so. The first thing he did was write "BRAKE BOOSTER" on the repair ticket. (I figured out about a week ago that the other guy was not really interested in dealing with the truck much longer. No new heater hose.. just cut and reattach the old one. "The cruise control doesn't work" = "Oh, I dont know, I would have to look at it and cant today." Mmmhmmm. Well...)

So. Whether it is the brake booster at fault, or a dry-rotted and cracked hose, or both.. I have long suspected my VACUUM LEAK is coming from there, as when the brake pedal is depressed.. I was told "it almost sounds like air brakes" so. That is getting fixed, finally. My leg sure got a workout in driving it, oh, about.. 6000 miles? Like that.

The windshield wipers not spraying fluid was also brought to his attention. I bought a new tank, as I felt that is why it was not spraying washer fluid. He seemed to disagree, and asked me if the tank was holding fluid.. I just let him know I had a replacement tank on the passenger seat.

As to that door.. I *MAY* have found one 40 miles away in "Millville." I will sure check that out.

Then, I need to decide if I want it.... or, if I dump it for $1000.

This is where we are at with it

Here is the bad side .

Here is the door...

So, I have a choice to make.

Is it in good (or at least better, there is another 97 S-10 truck there too, also teal and not two-tone...) hands, with new mechanic.. Or, should I get out of it for $1000? What would you do. ?
Depends. do you want a Blazer or not? Its all down to if you want to put money into the truck or not. What value do you get from owning it in terms of enjoyment and utility?

Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 AM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Getting down to the brass tacks with my restoration. Had a friend of mine mill down a half inch off my 3 inch lowering blocks to give it just a little bit of rake.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:42 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Another question to ask yourself is what can I buy and drive for $1000 ? How much will you have to put into this SUV to get it where you want it to be? Answer those two questions may help you decide what to do.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by jimspahr@msn.com
Another question to ask yourself is what can I buy and drive for $1000 ? How much will you have to put into this SUV to get it where you want it to be? Answer those two questions may help you decide what to do.
That's where I'm at. I found an old Tahoe FOR $1000, with a plow on the front. Might be a lot wrong with it..

I really need those doors on the side fixed. Done RIGHT so we can't tell anything ever happened (to the doors, the rest can stay as it is maybe I'll use rubbing compound on the other scuff.)

Done today: Brake booster ordered. Grand total will be $480 parts and labor plus tax. New guy said it was "Completely shot." And wondered how I was driving the car, said pedal was hard as a rock.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:23 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That's definitely the booster then lol... I did mine with one from a scrap yard a lil over a year ago, and it's been good so far...

Old 04-17-2020, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by DonL
That's definitely the booster then lol... I did mine with one from a scrap yard a lil over a year ago, and it's been good so far...
I got the truck back today. It feels pretty good. Was amazed when I could stop at a light as normal with it.

Did two burnouts.. got the intake to pop off. Put it back on. Seems fine again.

$500.

Its these DOORS....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?