General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 11:58 AM
Beginning Member
Monkeywrench71986 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Are you keeping the stock rims?
sweet typhoon don't see any of these on the road anymore I remember this when they were very common. When i was in the gulf came across about 20 of these and the pick up version. Brand new rotting in the sun just cooked couldnt bring one home against military regulations.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

Are you keeping the stock rims?
No going to run 18 or 19 inch wheels to clear the 6 pot brakes once I put them on. I am not sure if the brakes on my ZL1 spoiled me or if the Typhoon small early 90's brakes suck. lol

Originally Posted by Monkeywrench71986
sweet typhoon don't see any of these on the road anymore I remember this when they were very common. When i was in the gulf came across about 20 of these and the pick up version. Brand new rotting in the sun just cooked couldnt bring one home against military regulations.
Thank you. I have wanted another one since I rolled my last one in 1993. Love the Typhoon and can't wait to work out the bugs to actually be able to start driving it.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

2wd sway bar links done on the sonoma. Thinking of putting on the cowl hood to help.keep it cool. Having an over heating issue. Good hoses/new thermostat/new pump. No blockages and clean liquids.

Jb weld to try and quiet down

Old 04-10-2021, 03:48 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Went out off-roading on Wednesday through mud and ice and snow and water. Was a blast and deep was all good till my cv decided to blow out

went to get the rocks out of my brakes today and noticed I had no brakes left so had to get new rears

Old 04-10-2021, 05:29 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hadyss
Went out off-roading on Wednesday through mud and ice and snow and water. Was a blast and deep was all good till my cv decided to blow out

went to get the rocks out of my brakes today and noticed I had no brakes left so had to get new rears
At least your finding out now instead of a situation when you really need them. I have spare CV's as I do a lot of parts, but I don't go 4x4ing too often right now but I know he's in top shape to if I need to go for some reason.

Old 04-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I got lucky and had the money to send my wife for new rear pads and I had a spare set of rotors to put on and have to order a new cv but the ends are in place so I don’t lose fluid and keep the preload on the hub bearing

Old 04-10-2021, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=DonL;733268]2wd sway bar links done on the sonoma. Thinking of putting on the cowl hood to help.keep it cool. Having an over heating issue. Good hoses/new thermostat/new pump. No blockages and clean liquids.

My quick fix for the over heating until I find out the issue.

Also put a second layer of jb weld to sit over night and cure. Will see what its like tomorrow. Blazer looks different. Gotta finish it up and get thw brish guard back.on lol.

sonoma hood on the blazer

Old 04-12-2021, 01:14 AM
Starting Member
Exclamation

[QUOTE=DonL;733279]
2wd sway bar links done on the sonoma. Thinking of putting on the cowl hood to help.keep it cool. Having an over heating issue. Good hoses/new thermostat/new pump. No blockages and clean liquids.

My quick fix for the over heating until I find out the issue.

Also put a second layer of jb weld to sit over night and cure. Will see what its like tomorrow. Blazer looks different. Gotta finish it up and get thw brish guard back.on lol.

sonoma hood on the blazer

That hood and brush guard look awesome!

Old 04-12-2021, 01:16 AM
Starting Member
Exclamation

About to replace the spider. Oh joy.

Nothing wrong with the one's that have been in there since '97, but figured I'd put a new one in and just clean the old unit and have it as a spare.

Last edited by BlazerDog97S10; 04-12-2021 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added more text.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:44 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Don L, I was having overheating issues esp. when idling at drive throughs and so on. Once I got underway, it would cool down again. Didn't know what was causing this. I finally replaced the water pump with a reman. from NAPA and that was the cure. It also ran cooler on the highway. Maybe 5* to 10* F cooler.
But I see you have already replaced the water pump. If it is working properly, I would be sure the viscous fan coupling is working and the fan shroud is installed properly.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?