General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:04 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by theonetruetom
at least your diesel burb will run on veggie oil. some places are dying to get rid of that stuff.

someone around here's got a CUCV blazer with the 6.2 Diesel that I wish i had the 2 grand for.
Buddy has a toyota helix with a veggie oil kit in it...he is set up to filter it which is practically free as he gets it for free from some restaurants...........if he needs it badly theres a guy that sells the cleaned oil, he goes and picks it up for between 40 and 50 cents per liter.......other buddy used to have a golf with a veggie oil kit in it, his cousin owned a pizza joint so he used to take all the old oil from the deep fryers, filter it....got the oil for free so he used to drive around for free (less his filtering costs which are nothing)............but then again when you drive around your exhaust smells like french fries

Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

found out that the fuse i blew after hitting a bump may be a zooie to find. it controls dash lights and all sorts of stuff. and topped off my wiper fluid LOL.. (there calling for 10 inches of snow in the next coupla days....)

UPDATE hr later

i dont remember typing zooie.. but i just fought the cold for another 30 minutes. figured tit out . i had found a thread about other peoples fuses blowing and someone had suggested a aftermarket stereo grounding out somewhere. well my blazer has had an aftermarket stereo since before i owned it. i pulled it out and sure enough one of the butt connectors and sheared in half and had an exposed wire..... replaced the fuse and tried it with radio hanging out and no fuse pop..YAY! glad i figured it and glad it wasnt something crazy hard to figure out. thank god!

and i broke my hazard switch putting my dang bezel back on. boo.

Last edited by chevytruckdood; 01-30-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fought the cold and won!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i dont remember typing zooie.. but i just fought the cold for another 30 minutes. figured tit out . i had found a thread about other peoples fuses blowing and someone had suggested a aftermarket stereo grounding out somewhere. well my blazer has had an aftermarket stereo since before i owned it. i pulled it out and sure enough one of the butt connectors and sheared in half and had an exposed wire..... replaced the fuse and tried it with radio hanging out and no fuse pop..YAY! glad i figured it and glad it wasnt something crazy hard to figure out. thank god!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Think I have narrowed the annoying rubbing sound(like a torque converter going out) to a weak motor mount allowing the powertrain to shift back and let the fan hit the shroud. Found the bottom of my shroud to be chewed up beyond repair. Electric fan added to the wish list for the truck.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Does thinking about doing something to it count?

Iv been thinking about buying a bull bar and wheel spacers all day!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

at least your diesel burb will run on veggie oil. some places are dying to get rid of that stuff.

someone around here's got a CUCV blazer with the 6.2 Diesel that I wish i had the 2 grand for.

if i put more miles on my 'Burb, i'd do a veggie swap to it too.

i've actually built some custom tanks for it, but i'm still not sure if i wanna invest in doing the full dual system to it.

i mean, i've put less than 15,000 miles on it in the last 3 years.

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
figured tit out .

just what the hell were you doing on your truck to figure that out?

Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

went for some things from the ole Wal- n the grocery store after. when i was driving into the parking lot i was watching one of the employee's just struggling trying to pull a half loaded skid of salt up a slight incline and thru frozen slush. pulled over and was gonna go push the thing till he said he'd been struggling basically for the last 3 hrs with it and had only moved it about 40 ft. got out the ole tow strap n wrapped it around the handle to the tow hooks and pulled it the other 30 ft to the cleared road for him.

After that i got my groceries and on my way out buddy in his Kia ask's for a boost! lol tonite was my pay it forward night for having my friend pull my jimmy off the side of my driveway couple weeks ago.

(sorry if this ends up as a triple post - kept telling me some bullshat about an expired token - refresh box)

Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

yesterday I redid my thermostat gasket (the one I did two days ago was leaking), replaced my heater core (which blew 2 days ago) and flushed my cooling system. Also, I found my DRAC, reprogrammed it (it's now 10mph SLOW-- GRR!) and burned the hell out of my left hand accidentally grabbing the soldering iron like a chopstick.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Beginning Member
blaze21 is on a distinguished road

Fuel filter, EGR clean, air filter, plugs, wires, dis cap, rotor, coolant flush, t-stat, figured out 4wd vacuum problem. She's lovin it!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

and burned the hell out of my left hand accidentally grabbing the soldering iron like a chopstick.
ooooOOOO! that's gotta hurt!!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?