General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Mine passed NYS inspection today!

Now I have another year to worry about check engine lights, brakes, etc... The air bag light comes on and goes off, but it's not part of the inspection process. Otherwise the Blazer has been running great.

peace

Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

well i decided to come home after i heard its going to drop to 20 degrees tonight here where im at

so i made sure all the trucks had antifreeze we wouldn't want any cracked blocks right?

Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Washed and waxed her......drove to my moms and then found fresh CV grease EVERYWHERE on the drivers side, and a minute amount on the pass side. upon further inspection found no cracks in the boots but i DID find this.

That's what is left of my swaybar end links....i'm hoping that with the torsion bar crank and this it was just causing an extreme angle while on my driveway/jeep track and pushed some grease out. Replacing them tonight. Hopefully that'll take care of it....... If not i see CV's and wheel bearings in my near future

Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

does anybody else on here plan on going to proctoberfest? in case you dont know what that all is its a huge mudfest a little north of miluakee. its on the 22nd this year i think. im hoping to have my k5 up and running by that time but the time is ticking fast.

so working on the k5 today i snipped the two wires coming from the starter that i soldered together and now when i turn the key the truck shuts off. before i would have to floor it to swamp the engine. either way its running like its supposed to. i just need to tune the carb so i can floor it from a get go. i have to ease it up as of right now.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I know nothing about it but I don't yet trust the truck to get me up that far this year. Maybe next year I'll think about it.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

today i got a amp wiring kit for my subs. Will be installing them tomorrow. Also fixed my "ball joint" issue. turned out to be a loose control arm. cool

Old 10-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Beginning Member
Xb-lineblazerX is on a distinguished road

took her wheelin for the first time today, had my friend in the passanger seat and went hill climbin up into my backyard then down the trail the goes into my woods about a mile, good little trip with a lot of stumps to flex on and a ton of rocks to crawl over, good ride can't wait to get it lifted and do some real stuff

Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Well i have wanted to do it for the longest time so i finaly did it. A few days ago I ordered a cherry bomb extreme muffler. I installed it today and with james having no cats it sounds soooooooooo nice. So I wasted about 2-3 gallons of gas driving around "testing it out".

Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member
Badmonkey32 is on a distinguished road
Default Sway bar

Today i came outside after class to drive home and i saw that my sway bar was hanging down, i figured that i could get home if i ghetto rigged it with some zipties, so then i went on my way. I fi ally got home and looked to check it out, and the zipties were gone. Lol but its all good cuz i got home. So then i looked at the bolts that hold it on and they were rusted thru. I had to have a grinder to get the old bolts off the sway bar and then i got a new set of bolts to put it back on from napa. It costed me only $20 and didnt take much time to put it on.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Did some research on my blaze today and found out I have the G80 diffy and the Z85 package. So I'm pretty happy to find that out lol. I always thought I just had a regular blaze haha. It's a wonder what some research can do to brighten your day.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?