General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

that would be nice. i was an idiot when i got into my first fender bender. some guy in a riced out civic rear ended me. took off my license plates and knocked my spare tire down. i got his info but never called him. there wasnt much damage to my truck at all. in fact i couldnt tell that he even hit me if my license plate wasnt all smashed from somebody running it over when it was in the street. his car got messed up way more and if he never hit me i probably wouldnt have dont the spare tire carrier mod!!!

oh and i saw a pretty bad accident yesterday going north on greenbay road at work. me and a bunch of other cars were in the right lane and the guy infront of me got over pretty quick. there was just about a whole tire from a blow out in the middle of the lane on its side!!! so i got over really quick too but the idiot behind me just slams on his or probably her brakes since it was a minivan, and the car behind her was either not paying attention or following too close and rammed right into her. i saw it in my rearview. the guy hit her pretty hard cause his tire was all messed up and facing out, if you know what i mean.

so everybody be safe on the road and keep your eye out for debris!!!

Last edited by litterbug; 10-11-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

debris and idiots! lol..

Today i added a bottle of oil. Man im burning out or leaking it. 2nd bottle ive added in a months time. Nothing is wet/covered in oil. I know the valve stems are shot,like most blazers. but now somethings gettin worse!

I gots me a idea! The mower i got for free,i'll get an easy 500 for it. Im gonna save up some change and do a cheap v8 swap from the pick n pull. All i need is the mounts,and efan and the engine,all for less then 500. ofcourse it'll never be where you want it to be fund wise. so,we will see.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wheelhead4x4
That's a sweet looking blaZeR you got there. Hey got any more pics of that bar on the front of it.
Thanks for the compliments guys. I drove all over the place looking for a ZR2. Found another for for $10k. Waaaaay over priced. And found piles of junk also. This one was only 35 miles from me. I've not seen another one this color either. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Someone stole the spare tire just before I bought it, so I bought an ugly steel wheel and a 31" spare for $50 on sunday, then yesterday at work the kid I work with sold me a matching spare factory mag wheel. So I wasted $25 on the steel wheel, but if I hadn't have bought it I would have had a flat for sure with my luck. He also had a front valance for $20 in very nice shape. So this weekend the front bar is coming off. I'm going to go and try and find some tow hooks to put back on it also. Also need to find a pair of front fender flarettes for it.

The bar looks to be a universal mount setup and it only has two 1/2" bolts holding it on. More for looks than anything. And you have to remove the front valance to put the bar on.

Last edited by alloy; 10-11-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by alloy
Here ya go!

I'm getting rid of it. Looks to be a universal mount setup and it only has two 1/2" bolts holding it on. More for looks than anything. And you have to remove the front valance to put the bar on.

I think it looks good i wouldn't remove it if i were you

any ways if you do a lot of people are looking for them you can always sell it

Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Really like the look of that front bar.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

I would take it put shipping would kill me.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Same here, sadly.

Looking at used tires from Craigslist. My fronts are pretty worn down and I can't decide whether I want to chance driving on them through winter or not. Found a set of 2 off of a Jeep TJ for 40 bucks, so I may end up buying those.

TJ Wrangler Parts

Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Starting Member
bikertard is on a distinguished road

posted for info on a transmission

Old 10-11-2011, 04:57 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Well today i came home and did my oil change

for some reason my camera picked up a white mark on my bumper lights

I went outside to do a double look and it wasnt there
Stupid camera

Also cleaned my air filter i think im going to need a new one soon
and i ordered my 4x4 cable and some other stuff from rock auto

Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ahem, I'd take that bull bar.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?