General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

its still soldered thog's blazer is a 95 and mine is a 98 there is already a ton of diffrences there and urs is a 2002 which ideally should be the same as mine but isnt?

can u shoiw me a link or pic of what im missing cuz i cant picture it or figure it out.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I'm not taking my dash apart again until I get the parts to fix it right
Not sure how to explain it, it's like they took a perfectly functional socket, ripped out all the conductive bits, mangle the end of a bulb so the wires stick straight out, fed those through what remained of the socket, fixed everything in place with a microscopic soldering iron, sacrificed several baby kittens ... Wait, what was I talking about?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Starting Member

hahahaha thats fine and this is the dash like behind the gauges yes? or are we talking about like the 4x4 switch part of the dash cuz i know my 4x4 switch and my rear hatch both need soldering but thats the only thing i found? unless u mean wen i take out the twist lock thing from the gauges its gonna be mangled like ur describing?

if im way off feel free to say so lol

Old 04-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Twist lock behind the gauges.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Starting Member

where can i get the connectors needed? im getting my directionals and high beam lights 2moro so ill see for myself what you mean but still nice to have the part in my head so i can just go get em.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Okay, first to help you guys out with the gauge cluster thing. Me and Thog have both been through it. I have a '96 and Thog a '95. My gauge cluster sockets were "spot welded" to the bulb. People try to pull out the wires and that always goes badly. You have two options. 1) Buy new sockets at the hardware store (Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance all have them) OR go to the yard and get sockets off of a Ford. Yes, GM spot welded there sockets to the bulbs. Yes, Ford didn't do this. Ford's just pop out. So there ya go...

Okay, now on to what I was going to post. The Lexington Mud Pits went okay... I saw kids about 15 or 16 drinking and smoking cigarettes. That didn't impress me at all. I wheeled there a little bit, listened to some music then left not too long after that. It felt like the mud pits was a girls gone wild show. A bunch of girls on stage showing their tatas. The average guy would go wild for this. But I'm not average, I was just sittin' there thinking these girls are pretty much ****** (some were probably even under 18). I didn't come there to see tatas. I don't like these girls baring everything because women should have more respect for themselves than this. It is pretty degrading if you ask me.

But this is 'ole dirty girl after some muddin'

I gave her a bath when I got home. I got a pressure washer style hose attachment and got under her and cleaned the mud off good. Cleaned the shocks off good too since they are only a few weeks old. Gave her an overall good wash. Tomorrow I'll armor all the inside and clean the leather inside as well. Then use some Slime on the tires to keep 'em looking good. Got Slime at Big Lots for $2 and this stuff works GREAT! I highly recommend it. It prevents dry rot and makes your wheels and tires look new again! Slime

Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You can buy them here. They look like this.

Yeah I found mine in a junkyard for free, so I'd suggest that.

Last edited by Thogert; 04-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Starting Member

well this is gonna be incredibly stupid guess im going to the hardware store in the morning to see if any in town has those. is there a name just twist locking socket?

Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I dont think an hardware store is gonna have them .....

your best bet is the local auto parts

Old 04-01-2012, 08:34 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I dont think an hardware store is gonna have them .....

your best bet is the local auto parts
That's what I said. My post above says local hardware store (Autozone, O'Reilly's, and Advance). I just call them the hardware store or auto parts store. Those terms are interchangeable for me, but don't get confused on what I mean. The 3 stores are in parenthesis.

If you are talking about the gauge cluster sockets, they are 1/2 inch twist lock sockets. 5 for 95-97. 6 for 98+.

Look at this link

Last edited by tibby; 04-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?