General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Well, I've officially thrown in the towel - at least for this season. After 1,000 hours of labor you get to a point where you just can't take it anymore.

Finished the engine project last month - yanked AGAIN to replace all gaskets & seals top to bottom, inside and out. Wife drove for 300 miles, and told me the fuel starvation problem we've had since day one of the swap last year is getting worse. Dropped tank, removed original pump (external Walboro pump was sucking thru original), installed length of hose in it's place. No change. Then on a rainy morning it was missing so bad she couldn't get over 10 mph. Ordered a new distributor assembly, since it was only $60. Could barely get it to run with that one! Converter glowed cherry red and started burning the carpet on the passenger side. Had to get the hose out. Sent that one back, and a week later got another one. Noticed the o-ring (new last year) I reused on the filter adapter on the block is leaking like a sieve. While waiting for the distributor to come in, I yanked the plates off the Blazer, threw them on that '00 Ford Focus I rebuilt the engine in this summer, and went to the registry. Handed keys to wife. Problem solved.

Oh, and the 4x4 quit working too ... and of course, the problem is INSIDE the front diff that I JUST had taken out, trying to get the oil pan down without yanking the engine.

At the end of my rope! It will sit until next year. I might throw that new distributor in just for the hell of it at some point to see if that one works better. If not, I'll know I have to reduce the .060" plug gap. For now, I'm done with this damn thing!!

Nothing like spending $400 in parts, and 2 weeks of labor, just to take it off the road!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

darn smitty. Ive been in that boat once. its carb'd aint it? sure the bowls arent sticking?

Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Im in the same boat as your in with my blazer.I havent counted the hours but by the month.19 months this month.Its helped cripple me,aged me,stressed me and everything that it can throw at me it has.I swear IF and when i get it running if theres any more problems with it.Im done its been nothing but $ pit.I could have made a car payment and be driving a decent car or fixed up my truck that Im driving now..

Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default Bro change dout the bad alternator

Had the brother change out the alternator. The one that was giving a nice ac voltage out. It was a orig delco. So this new one puts out 14.8 amps, etc, etc. So I'll drive it around and see what happens. Then update my other thread. Then this weekend or so. He will do my starter that is just about dead. To bad the new alt look great compaired to the rest of the engine.

TTFN,

Josh

Old 12-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I didn't do anything to my Blazers or Jimmys today. I put a new heater core in my '93 Sonoma. I also learned that buying a cheap-*** heater core at AutoZone is a bad idea because the one I replaced was from AutoZone in February. At least they replaced it for free.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I rolled it out of my old garage.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
darn smitty. Ive been in that boat once. its carb'd aint it? sure the bowls arent sticking?
Been through the carb - tried several float settings - it's clean as a whistle, float works perfect. All the usual suspects with this truck are ... unusual.

Once I get the ignition issue sorted, I'll try a different fuel filter. After that I'm out of ideas. Been through the system front to back. Tried both the factory power/ground source, and my own power/ground for the pump - same problem with both pumps.

Now you see why I gave up! It's just not worth the frustration. I'll have all next spring, summer, and fall to deal with it. Might even sell the damn thing if I could get enough for it. I've got 10x it's value in labor into it ...

Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Starting Member
Batman 1 is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone I need your help !!

I have a blazer 95 LS. I live In Costa Rica and I am having problems with the police because My blaser has dark windows I know that this is an original fact. I have to prove it but I do not have an Idea how to do it !! I need a paper or somenting to clear this fact. If someen can give me an idea !!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Batman 1
Hello Everyone I need your help !!

I have a blazer 95 LS. I live In Costa Rica and I am having problems with the police because My blaser has dark windows I know that this is an original fact. I have to prove it but I do not have an Idea how to do it !! I need a paper or somenting to clear this fact. If someen can give me an idea !!
This probably isn't the correct place to post this and you may have better luck if the mods move it for you! I would say snap a photo of the RPO codes in the glove box and then go to this website RPO LOOKUP and search every code until you find one that says privacy glass or something along those lines. If you don't find anything after going thru all the codes then you may have an issue. This is the only way I can think to show that it came from the factory tinted. Even then I think it was only the back windows that were tinted but they don't need to know that lol! Sorry I don't know the laws in your area but I hope this helps.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

rerouted the wires for my driving lights painted the grill and cleaned it out yesterday

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?