Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Simple question..I think.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

OOPS well i guess i should read into things before i open my mouth lol. I guess we were both looking at this the wrong way. but that does make sense now. So just think of it as a frame lift instead a diff drop.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j89lumaye
You got it all wrong here
You put in the diff drop brackets so you dont have to crank the t bars up
So say you buy the RC 2.5 lift kit. You get 2 inch shackles in back, then 2.5 up front. You can also crank your bars then, which would give you up to 5.5 up front, but that would be when you wear out cv's and everything
HUGE correction. The differential drop is only to lower the front differential. Cranking T-Bars is required to get the 2" of lift, but the diff is lowered to keep CV angles. You CANNOT get 5.5 inches out of any T-bar crank. Go take a look at how your Blazer is put together with the IFS, it'll all make sense.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

One last comment on t-bars, they are your springs, not just a lever to adjust ride height.

I started messing with mine cause I could see the front sag, more so on one side, which surely means wear on the t-bar (weakend spring). I have one side (previously lowest) nearly all the way in, now 1.5" over where it was, which I figure is about a 1" lift from where it should have been. I simply cannot go farther than 1" lift with stock keys. Any further raising, arms or ball joint spacer, and I'll need new keys to keep the current spring load.

To solve that problem, I'm looking at Suspension Maxx SMX-MCS10. I really like the idea that the hex insert can be adjusted, sort of like "ratcheting" it back to continue cranking. Seems like it's one part that can be set to any height range. Anyone out there using these? Have pros/cons?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:02 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

content deleted ... Cause I cant delete the post..

Last edited by pettyfog; 02-08-2012 at 01:13 AM.