Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Torsion Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Torsion Questions

Didn't I already say this...? Weak torsion bar. You could try to find used bars on eBay or a local junkyard for cheaper than new, but you may run into the same problem.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

so what your sayin is that unless i wanna cough up 400 bucks that the only way i can make it level is with a lift kits.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

A lift kit will still use your stock torsion bar (I believe), those with the 5" and 6" kits please chime in if I'm incorrect. I know it's frustrating, but take the time to read the responses that people have taken the time to provide you with.

A torsion bar sags and fails just like a regular spring/shock. Unfortunately, they are spendy (as was already mentioned). It was also previously suggested to get a spare (or two depending on cash flow) from a junkyard. They may still sag but at least it'll be cheaper than the $400 for a new torsion bar!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: tjwiens91@hotmail.co

so what your sayin is that unless i wanna cough up 400 bucks that the only way i can make it level is with a lift kits.
Don't know where you got that from... I suggested the possibility of getting a used set from a truck at a junkyard, not a lift kit. You could probably find a relatively new, low mileage donor at a junk yard. They'd be much cheaper than new.

The torsion bar would still be weak if used in combination with a lift kit.

And yes, just like any other spring, they are subject to fatigue and weaken over time.