Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Interior lights stay on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
Tink Kincaid is on a distinguished road
Default Huge TY Thogart.

I don't know you but YOU are my hero.

Back story: I am an educated professional who drew a bad hand at 43: We found out I have an incurable cancer, we spent all my savings to set up my husband up as primary breadwinner, he died suddenly, then my entire suburbia heaven went up in smoke in a 2017 firestorm.

I'm not handy. Or I wasn't. I'm learning. I had to sell my beautiful city car and got a 1999 Blazer, which immediately needed 4K worth of work. I'm now getting weaker and weaker, have no money, no family but my dog and am far from my home.

I've never had any interest in working on cars. Never. But now I must. I Google and YouTube repairs. And then painfully work on them until my car can once again get me to the grocery store, my doctors and my treatments. Sad story, sorry.

Well, I am going camping for a week to forget for a while that I'm dying, alone, broke and endlessly doing chores every moment I'm not bedridden. I need this week of peace and nature and freedom. So does my dog.

2 days until we leave for an anxiety free heaven and peace and adventure and my car broke. Kind of. The lights and radio wouldn't turn off. I have spent an entire precious day struggling with it. I just sat down in my driver's seat, and started to cry and Googled it one more time. And there was your answer. I tried it and IT WORKED!

Sorry for the long story but I needed to tell you that you are a hero beyond proportion. I don't know if you will ever read this. I hope you do. You have given me a very precious gift in 1 sentence, in the face of my situation.

You will warm my days until the next difficult repair and perhaps then it will be easier and I won't have to struggle with it so much.

Last edited by Tink Kincaid; 05-11-2023 at 09:03 PM. Reason: To name specific user who helped me
Old 04-02-2024, 03:28 PM
Starting Member
TheMauveAvenger is on a distinguished road
Default What exactly was his advice?

Originally Posted by Tink Kincaid
I don't know you but YOU are my hero.

Back story: I am an educated professional who drew a bad hand at 43: We found out I have an incurable cancer, we spent all my savings to set up my husband up as primary breadwinner, he died suddenly, then my entire suburbia heaven went up in smoke in a 2017 firestorm.

I'm not handy. Or I wasn't. I'm learning. I had to sell my beautiful city car and got a 1999 Blazer, which immediately needed 4K worth of work. I'm now getting weaker and weaker, have no money, no family but my dog and am far from my home.

I've never had any interest in working on cars. Never. But now I must. I Google and YouTube repairs. And then painfully work on them until my car can once again get me to the grocery store, my doctors and my treatments. Sad story, sorry.

Well, I am going camping for a week to forget for a while that I'm dying, alone, broke and endlessly doing chores every moment I'm not bedridden. I need this week of peace and nature and freedom. So does my dog.

2 days until we leave for an anxiety free heaven and peace and adventure and my car broke. Kind of. The lights and radio wouldn't turn off. I have spent an entire precious day struggling with it. I just sat down in my driver's seat, and started to cry and Googled it one more time. And there was your answer. I tried it and IT WORKED!

Sorry for the long story but I needed to tell you that you are a hero beyond proportion. I don't know if you will ever read this. I hope you do. You have given me a very precious gift in 1 sentence, in the face of my situation.

You will warm my days until the next difficult repair and perhaps then it will be easier and I won't have to struggle with it so much.

I got so lost in reading everyone’s guesses as to what to do…. I am lost as to what you did that fixed the problem.

Also to everyone who has spent money fixing their hinges….. Have you guys tried the 2x4 trick??? I have yet to own a chevy that this didn’t work in…. Sometimes you have to give it almost too much force, but it works.