The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

roof lights...need info asap please

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road

location of the thread doesnt matter to me as long as its in the right spot for those who run the forum, im sure the mods dont get told this much but the fact is we all do appreciate you guys around because without the support and monitoring the forum would not be here, or it would be in a complete mess.

i may start a build thred when i get the truck on tuesday but i think i figuresd out what im going to do...

the raingutter is rubber, if i can lift it a little and run 2 wires under it to the back then down the edge of the back window i can go in through the cabin pressure vent, then i can do the same on the passenger side... i think im going to need some wire extensions but thats not a big deal.
i noticed there is a space around the edge of the rear window so that will be where my wires will rest and im going to smooth them over with RTV black silicone, which will be almost unnoticeable.
i think this may turn out to be a nice clean install.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like what I need to do on my Blazer.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Starting Member

actually the wiring on a SUV is easier, you have roof racks so i would run it straight back along the side or underside of the rack, your glass trunk lifts up so flip it in there and then in where you rear defroster wires hang,then atart tucking it all the way to the front where the power source is.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I like the way you think. I'll be disappointed if I don't see pics of this lol.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Starting Member

truck gets dropped off tomorrow, and i will start a real "BUILD THREAD"... lol and ill post links to it in here and likewise ( i assume that is aloud)

i cant wait to get my hand on it, i was at work eying up another colorado lookin in to and all over to see where i can get the wires, but i think i can actually do it without any drilling. one thing im trying to decided is if im going to run 1 harness down driver side and 1 down passenger side.
i need to find a car audio shop that will sell me 3 feet of 8 gauge and couple clamps with the eye on the end for a fair price...not 50-100....its about $5 worth of wire and hell i even give them another 5 for the clamp so i can attach it to the battery. if i can keep finding excuses i may end up with the truck mon-fri weekly, but ill have to do some work on it hahaha...

you know that V8 they have in it gets almost DOUBLE the gas mileage i get in my 03 jimmy 4.3...how bs is that... they are gettin just under 600km to a tank..550-6 he said..im luckey to break 320km but my last tank was all highway and i got 292km....thats under 11mpg and i was running in 2wd the whole time.
new pluggs and wires, t-stat, cap, rotor, and ive done intake cleanings....i dont know what the problem it...but tis junk mileage.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Yup, have to agree on the junk mileage, and it has the 5.3 :O

I freakin love mine in my Sierra lol.

Anyway, pics and links are allowed lmao (Smartass)

Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain

Anyway, pics and links are allowed lmao (Smartass)
LoL

Here you go!!!!
https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...338#post387338

hey...dont move this one ok...just kidding LMAO
thanks for the input, i appreciate it. and after looking at the truck for 2 min i think i found the perfect wiring rout.. no drilling, 1 small notch that gets covered by the door seal!!