Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

My little off road experience (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
It's 7 days regardless of the offense down here. I was going 20km over the limit when I got my ticket, and the fine was $275 and 7 days without a license (even though I still drove..but shhh lol). The lady at the DMV told me it's an automatic 7 day suspension regardless of the speed.
so they'll yank your licence for any speeding? 20 over is the (minimum) standard on the 400 series of high ways out here. sure there are a few people that still push that envelope open to much, but for goiung 20 over.............well that's another topic for discussion (and probably not on this forum either).

There is no legal action you could take. It's the law.
actually, you can challenge it (it's in our Charter of Rights Alex), and can actually win.

an older woman (late 50's/early 60's) challenged it when she got nailed passing a transport up North (clocked @ 133 in a 80-and that's KPH folks). while she did lose her licence on the spot, had to take a taxi home (from the side of a highway, come on!), and had her vehicle towed to a local impound yard (of the Police departments choice, of course), and then arrange for a ride back up a week later. while she did win, i don't remember what ever came of the fact they still got all that money for the tow/impound. wonder if she's trying to get that back too?

anyways, i think we've stayed waaaaaaaaaay of of the path with this one. lets get back on (off ) the right road again.

Jeff, have you gone out again for any off-road wheelin'?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:45 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
so they'll yank your licence for any speeding? 20 over is the (minimum) standard on the 400 series of high ways out here. sure there are a few people that still push that envelope open to much, but for goiung 20 over.............well that's another topic for discussion (and probably not on this forum either).

actually, you can challenge it (it's in our Charter of Rights Alex), and can actually win.

an older woman (late 50's/early 60's) challenged it when she got nailed passing a transport up North (clocked @ 133 in a 80-and that's KPH folks). while she did lose her licence on the spot, had to take a taxi home (from the side of a highway, come on!), and had her vehicle towed to a local impound yard (of the Police departments choice, of course), and then arrange for a ride back up a week later. while she did win, i don't remember what ever came of the fact they still got all that money for the tow/impound. wonder if she's trying to get that back too?

anyways, i think we've stayed waaaaaaaaaay of of the path with this one. lets get back on (off ) the right road again.

Jeff, have you gone out again for any off-road wheelin'?
Yup, they yank your license for any speeding ticket down here. And you're right about being able to challenge it. My thoughts and point was that there would be no point to put the time money and effort into all the legal action IMO.
I agree though, we've gotten very off topic. Again, thanks to you Chris . Back to the subject at hand

Old 12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

No I haven't been out lately, been busy here and the weather's been crappy. I'm waiting for a good snowfall so I can go do some of the infamous URBAN WHEELING!

Old 12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, they yank your license for any speeding ticket down here. And you're right about being able to challenge it. My thoughts and point was that there would be no point to put the time money and effort into all the legal action IMO.
I agree though, we've gotten very off topic. Again, thanks to you Chris . Back to the subject at hand
WOW! good to know if i'm ever down that way-but i'll deny any prior knowledge if i do get nailed, hahahaha! seriously though, when i'm traveling through new territory, i tend to set the cruuise @ the limit, just to see what the locals do.

nice try Alex (i was wondering if it was gonna be you or Devin), it was actually Devin who steered this topic away in post #16. actually, he was just responding to what butters had thrown down as a detour.