Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Cragar Quarstions

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk
Spacers are legal yes...
They don't seem to make a Cragar in a 6in backspacing. I took a loo through those pages and didn't see anything above 4.25in.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3975734P/

Those would work. You might have to get some spacers though to have them fit properly. It would probably take some playing with the spacer size..but I'll wait for someone else to pipe in and confirm this for sure since I've never actually researched it much myself.
I just know the stock backspacing on a 4x4 rim is 6in.
Spacers do not increase backspacing. They decrease it. You cannot increase the backspacing on a rim without moving the wheel mounting surface further towards the outside of the rim.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

check in the wheels and tires section. there is a lot on various sized rims, tires, lift, lowering, back space, rub, spacers... etc

most of it has been asked and answered. get friendly with your search function.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Alright thanks this area is new so before I'd buy (which isn't any time soon anyway) I'd want to know exactly what to expect ya know?

Old 11-14-2009, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Alright so my dad told me he wants to get new rims for the winter tires and told me if I wanted anything I'd have to pay the difference. He was going to get some stocks but I told him I had some in mind.

Now you told me the bolt pattern and everything I need but question: Will it fit without question on a 4wd? I think the tires he's getting are the same size as stock so I won't worry there. I just need to know

Old 11-15-2009, 05:40 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

...As Curtis mentioned above you need to start getting friendly with the search feature. Cragar's are probably the most discussed rim on the forum. A little searching would have found your answer...

Post #4 of https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/just-looking-some-help-36836/

More posts of relevance:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/couple-questions-35070/
https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/tires-rims-35011/
https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/cragar-size-34716/
https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/another-will-these-rims-fit-thread-32972/
https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/new-wheels-31987/

And I could go on but I think 6 threads should be enough to answer your question....All I did was search Cragar. Here are all the results if you'd like to browse through them:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/search...earchid=328207

Old 11-15-2009, 07:10 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Spacers do not increase backspacing. They decrease it. You cannot increase the backspacing on a rim without moving the wheel mounting surface further towards the outside of the rim.
Kyle is right. spacers will affect the off-set of the rim, causing it to stick out farther, which is what you're after right?

Old 11-15-2009, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah I get what Kyle was saying now that I think about it. I'm not sure why I thought spacers would help. It worked out in my head that night I posted it for some reason LOL. Maybe I had had a few too many beers...

Old 11-15-2009, 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

As it is though, they'll be sticking out an extra 2 inches, and 2 much makes a stock height truck look like a wannabe go-kart. I say buy the rims, and if you want them to stick out more, get spacers. Don't buy the spacers before the rims because you may not even want to use them... The easiest way I can explainbackspacing to you craig is with this:

It's the distance between the mounting surface and the inside lip of the rim... On 4x4's it's 6 inches, if you get a rim with 4 inch backspacing, that mounting surface will be 2 inches closer to the inside lip, pushing the entire rim out 2 inches... Once you wrap your head around the concept you'll see it isn't that complicated, it's actually visualizing it that's the hard part.

Last edited by oktain; 11-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 AM
BF Veteran

Sisk: I had tried and didn't really find anyting

Old: Not really but it would be cool

Oktain: So your saying they'll fit, but will stick out a little bit? What about the fronts?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 AM
BF Veteran

You have been told the answer over and over Craig.
THEY WILL FIT. But they will stick out an extra 2" compared to the rims you have on them now. This was all answered in the 6 LINKS AND A SEARCH I posted for you as well as by Pat.

Sorry for yelling, but I'm getting extremely frustrated because you're given answers over and over but you don't care to read or listen and continue to ask the same questions over and over again.