Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

99 Blazer lifting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 99 Blazer lifting?

it wasnt an suv it was a truck like the s10 only uglier. i was just wondering if it was a ZR2 style hombre that had been lifted

Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait, doh. I always assume the ZR2 was suv only. The hombre was essentially an s-10. No ZR2 or highrider package for it and it only has the 4-cylinder engine as i recall. But its got the same frame as a s-10 so you can put a superlift lift on it easy.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Justin, I really apreciate that coming from you. Just curious, how far did you trim your inner fenders up? I know on a ZR2 ya got a little more clearance but im all the way up to the second bolt and im still just buzzin it on turns at really slow speed like when backing out of a parking spot. That and doyou know of anything that can be used as a larger bump stop?I know this sounds crazy but i was thinking of cuttinga hole in a tennis ball so it fits on the existingstop and filling it with liquid rubber orexpanding foam or something and thenepoxying that in place but if you know of something better please point me in the correct direction.
Second bolt?Here's how i trimmed. Do you have pictures of your trimming job?

For the bump stops... energy suspension makes longer ones, you know where to get those

Old 10-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

And BTW, definitely get custom stickers made... you'll be much happier. My last blazer:

Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

what exactly does zm6 mean?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Rcars I love the ideas......you have a very nice truck.

I think another spare tire on the roof with the roof rack, and off road lights would look great.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Thanks Justin, I really apreciate that coming from you. Just curious, how far did you trim your inner fenders up? I know on a ZR2 ya got a little more clearance but im all the way up to the second bolt and im still just buzzin it on turns at really slow speed like when backing out of a parking spot. That and doyou know of anything that can be used as a larger bump stop?I know this sounds crazy but i was thinking of cuttinga hole in a tennis ball so it fits on the existingstop and filling it with liquid rubber orexpanding foam or something and thenepoxying that in place but if you know of something better please point me in the correct direction.
Second bolt?Here's how i trimmed. Do you have pictures of your trimming job?

For the bump stops... energy suspension makes longer ones, you know where to get those
Hmm, its a little different looking in there on the ZR-2's. Ill take some pics after work. Right now im actually just barely buzzing the firewall under full lock if i hit a bump so im not really worried.

And i didnt realize energy made longer ones. Will definately have to get me a set