Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

looking for replacement leaf springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
rcravincase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for replacement leaf springs

im trying to find replacement leaf springs for my 95. im not sure if the springs on there are the ones for extra capacity or for comfort. but i want to get the extra capacity since i do tow and i have the torsion bars cranked up a bit to lift the front. the only place ive found is a chassis parts dealer, $218 each. the dealership cant get anything for me. is there any place else that sells leaf springs?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Try HERE About half the price you'd pay for where you're looking now.

By the way, that was the first result after typing "leaf springs" into Google. And you may want to try looking into getting your springs re-bent. I know There's a place near me that's replacing my springs since they said they couldn't re-bend springs this old, but you could try it. Who knows, maybe they can install your springs cheaper and easier than you doing it yourself.

Last edited by Blazers.B.Kewl; 04-12-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM

thanks. i googled it as well and came up with different results. the place i was looking at offered to re-arch them for $70 each, but when they actually saw how bad they are, they said that it probably wouldnt hold. both my main leafs are bent near the eyelet.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

$218 a side? that's pretty expensive.

i bought BN, 5 pack leaf packs (that's the HD version for towing) for my '98, and i only paid $200 for the pair-and that's Canadian!

try looking around town for a HD truck spring shop. any shop that deals with the spring repairs on a truck (straight truck, tractor trailer, etc.) will be able to order you in a set of leafs. and if you have them install the new springs, they'll be able to make sure the truck sits "level" (front to back) so it'll look right when done.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:13 PM

that was my price from the local hd spring shop. they deal with spring and chassis parts from s-10s to 85k heavy hauler axles, and everything between