Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

suspension lift issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 10:32 PM
audiogod39 is on a distinguished road
Default suspension lift issue

Hello All, I have a 97 s10 blazer 4x4 4.3 and a few years ago I installed a 6" suspension lift along with a 2" body lift and I'm running 31x10.5x15 tires. I noticed lately its started wondering a bit while driving down the road so I took it in to get an alignment and the alignment guy showed me there is massive amounts of play in the pitman arm and idler arm as well as the inner and outer tie rods and they should be replaced. Why they wore out so soon after installation (3-4 years) is beyond me. Anyway my issue is- those parts came with the lift kit and when I google those parts for a blazer with a 6" lift the results are all stock options which I know wont work. Anyone have any ideas on where I should look? Or maybe how I should word my search in google to get more relevant results. I don't believe I can only get the pitman and idler arms as well as the tie rods for a 6" lift in a kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:39 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

If you got 3-4 years out of front end parts on a lifted s series you did better than most people! What brand of lift was installed? I'm pretty sure most kits still use the stock parts you need to replace.

Old 10-28-2023, 09:05 PM
audiogod39 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. Pretty sure it was Rough Country and now that I think about it, you might be right. I don't think the kit came with a new pitman arm and idler arm etc...they probably are the old stock front end parts and that would explain why they need to be replaced. I just remembered messing with the tie rods and idler arm etc.. and that's probably because I needed to make some adjustments after the kit installation. Again thanks for the reply. I'm going to head over to the Rough Country web site and look over the kit material list and installation instructions to confirm.