Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Fiberglassing the bobditts way

Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Fiberglassing the bobditts way

Forgive my ignorance, but what would be the advantage of making a fiberglass recreation of the back of the back seat arm rest? (that's what it looks like from the pic at least, I've got a 4 dr so I'm not all that familliar with the interior of the 2-drs) I mean obviously it's for your subs and some future audio setup..but why that part? Will it mold into another fiberglass piece that couldn't be attached to the body any other way?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The advantage of moulding it to your vehicle is it fits perfectly, looks way better, and takes up the least space. Its a whole lot better than the generic square MDF sub box sitting behind the seats with the amp screwed to the box. Anyone with a screwdriver can do that in less than an hour. This takes a bit more time (chuckle..a bit) but its worth it.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:17 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

So what he did here is just a 1st step, and then he'll mold this piece onto a custom fit fiberglass enclosure for the subs, thus making the enclosure form-fit into the back of the truck?

Sorry I'm just trying to grasp the whole process

Old 02-28-2008, 02:19 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Looks good so far and to jigg as far as smoothness is concerned that is what will be happening when he gets it all done to were he can sand and body work it!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

The piece you are looking at here will actually be one of the sides of the enclosure. This is just step 1. Step 2 will be the back of the enclosure, followed by the bottom and then finally making the mounting rings and fiberglass the front. Andother reason why I chose to fiberglass the armrest area is so I can utilize the armrest mounting holes shown in the very first picture. Those 4 holes will allow me to secure the enclosure to the vehicle.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

updated with more pics and progress