Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What brand to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Beginning Member
thrash902 is on a distinguished road

if anybody is going to buy any head unit or speakers, i say go through crutchfield.com. you pay a little more but they hook you up and give you a lot of free stuff. the master sheets are irreplaceable. if you have rivits they tell you how to get rid of them, i was really impressed with all they give you for not much more then others charge. they even have subtle discounts on certain products. (amp and amp power lines deal) The only thing they didnt do was hook it up lol.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The only experience I had with crutchfield was when I bought a PIE adapter to try and get an auxiliary in jack on my stock radio... When it didn't work they gave me my money back and told me to ship it in ASAP... no trouble at all.

Great to deal with, and my next audio install will be done by me, that way my dash will get put back together properly

Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha yea I hate when you get your vehicle back and your dash is sticking out and parts were put on in the wrong order.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thrash902
if anybody is going to buy any head unit or speakers, i say go through crutchfield.com. you pay a little more but they hook you up and give you a lot of free stuff. the master sheets are irreplaceable. if you have rivits they tell you how to get rid of them, i was really impressed with all they give you for not much more then others charge. they even have subtle discounts on certain products. (amp and amp power lines deal) The only thing they didnt do was hook it up lol.
That's who I went with when I bought my head unit. My truck is an 02, but it requires the '03 wiring harness, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't hook up the harness, so after talking to their Customer Service guys, they shipped me another harness for free. That one worked better. But I'm definitely buying the rest of my system from them.