Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

05 Blue Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member
clicker3499 is on a distinguished road

Where did you order your PA 2' body lift kit? I have tried the PA website and nothing comes up. Checked with Lordco they don't carry it.

Old 09-30-2021, 02:16 PM
reway is on a distinguished road

Got the PA lift from Amazon, Performance Accessories PA152 2" Body Lift Kit
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-30-2021, 02:21 PM
Beginning Member
clicker3499 is on a distinguished road

Ok Thanks I will look check out amazon

Old 11-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Default Upgrades!

So I have been very busy with school lately, not much time to work on my cars. However I have been getting parts here and there and now I have a week off coming up that I’m going to use to install everything! I have the 2.5” rc lift, new front sway bar links, a new tie rod for the passenger side, spark plugs, and wires. I’m going out now to grab a cv clamp so I can fix up the leaking one and once I get back I will be getting to work on it.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Nice!!!! For future "upgrade", zr2 tie rod ends. Now that you have a lift, these will last longer. I recently installed these when I installed my zr2 rear axle, and they have a slightly different angle on them to compensate for the lift.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:04 PM

Thanks! I should have just done that, but I guess now I will know for next time. Ended the day today with both upper bj’s disconnected, sway bar removed, and both tie rods disconnected. I ended up just using the grinder on the sway bar links, worked nicely!

Old 11-05-2021, 07:25 PM

Did some stuff today! All the steering linkage is disconnected but the pitman, giving me a hard time. Decided to wait until tomorrow and try again on that. For now it’s back to the books for a bit then hopefully I can repack and finish the cv axle tonight. I found one video showing how to remove the cv clamp with pliers and that really saved me tons of time!! All I could see wrong with the cv boot was it had slipped off the littlest bit only on one side and I guess that’s what was letting all the grease out.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:59 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by reway
Did some stuff today! All the steering linkage is disconnected but the pitman, giving me a hard time. Decided to wait until tomorrow and try again on that. For now it’s back to the books for a bit then hopefully I can repack and finish the cv axle tonight. I found one video showing how to remove the cv clamp with pliers and that really saved me tons of time!! All I could see wrong with the cv boot was it had slipped off the littlest bit only on one side and I guess that’s what was letting all the grease out.

Since you have the axles out, now is an excellent time to consider replacing the boots with modern neoprene ones that are more flexible and therefore put less stress on the boot clamp and are then more likely to stay on.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:52 PM

Yeah today was a battle, one of those days nothing wanted to go my way spent over another hour trying to get the pitman off with no luck, I am now just going to try and drop the diff without removing the steering linkage. Then proceeded to spend hours getting the driver side cv axle out. It was stuck in there beyond belief, nothing like the passenger which came out with just a loving tap. I was ready to give up I had tried everything so I went inside and recalibrated myself then another while later it finally broke free. And this brings me to what I ended the day working on, getting the ds upper diff bolt out. What a PITA! It seems impossible. To answer you Christine, I was looking into replacing both the boots and repacking both sides but then decided not to just so I didn’t have to take the whole cv apart, and these boots seem like they want to go longer!

Old 11-07-2021, 06:12 PM

Finally was able to pull the diff today and get the diff drop installed… the smile on my face seeing the diff on the ground made it all worth it (happy dance was included) ended up cutting the lower mounting tab off the ds to get it out easier. Diff is back in now and just have to put everything back together. Of course I dropped the upper ds mounting nut in the frame rail when I was trying to thread it on by hand so I’ll be going fishing here hopefully I can get that back.

Quick Reply: 05 Blue Blazer Build