Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project 1 dollar red blaze

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Beginning Member
truck317 is on a distinguished road

not sure about the vac line. i was talking to a guy at napa today and he said to unplug the tcm on the passenger side kick panel for a hour or so and see if that will work. so i am in a process of doing that. I also primed the front bumper and tow hooks today too and just waiting on the second coat to dry so i can put on the bed liner spray on them. also i took the tire swing arm off and i got the swing pin out and have some oil on the other one to try to get that out also today. I also found a sweet deal on craigslist on already powered coated rims i will should you the stock pics of them before they were painted. I just need to make sure that they will fit on my blazer. i offered him 50 bucks for all 4 plus around a 2 hour drive time to get them.
here is a link to the craigslist add
sale-wvtua-1958119774@craigslist.org [

and the link to see the rims
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo....shed_Nitro.htm

Old 09-17-2010, 01:50 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

wow man nice find for a buck.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Beginning Member
Default update

Well over the weekend I got finished painting the front bumper and got it mounted. I also got the rear bumper painted and I started to work on the lower sides of the body to prep to paint. So i started grinding away where I knew that there was some rust and guess what it was pretty bad. So I cut out a 4x11 hole on the lower driver side quarter panel to get to good medal, and on the passenger side there's ones a 3x4 area that I had to cut out. So tomorrow im going to weld new metal into the bad areas and to start to bondo it. Well as I said before I could not get the 4 high to work well I also fixed that today. I went down to the same garage from where I got the transmission and got the TCCM transfer case control mod. Well I put that in and it works like a champ.

Attached Thumbnails Project 1 dollar red blaze-qpannel.jpg   Project 1 dollar red blaze-new-fontbumper.jpg  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member

sorry about not posting in the last couple weeks so here is that I did. I got the new metal welded in where I have to cut out the junk metal. I put bondo where I put the new metal in. I also got the whole bottom of the blazer painted with the bed liner spray. I also pick up 4 235 75 15 tires for 50 bucks they are used but that's the only thing i could afforded right now. I also painted my old steel rims do to money issues so I will be holding off on new rims for now. I also towed her into the high school yesterday so they could take the old transmission out and put the new one in. they are also replacing the passenger side CV boot and seeing why my fuel gauge does not work most of the time. I hope they get it all done is 2 weeks so i can get it inspected and start to drive it. Here is some pics of what I did hope you enjoy. Also I have around 500 bucks into the old girl so I think I got a good deal.

Attached Thumbnails Project 1 dollar red blaze-weld-1.jpg   Project 1 dollar red blaze-weld-2.jpg   Project 1 dollar red blaze-black-side.jpg   Project 1 dollar red blaze-black-black.jpg   Project 1 dollar red blaze-towed.jpg  

Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by truck317
ok here's whats going on the 2 wheel drive light works when it is in 2 wheel drive. i can not switch into 4 high or 4 low when the vehicle is moving and the owners manual says it should. when i press 4 low button the light comes on and it makes a clunk likes it should and the 4 low light stays on when i put it into drive. so when i get it back into 2 wheel drive and try to press the 4 high there is no clunk and both the 4 high and 4 low lights flash for 5 sec or so and then goes back to 2 wheel drive. the only way i can switch in into 4 low is when the vehicle is into neutral.
You need to be in neutral to go to 4 low... I believe the manual says that

Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member

i fixed the 4 wheel drive it was a transfer case control module. a 328 dollar part i got for free

Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

nice deal on the blazer..