Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Restoration Build of 'High and Dry'!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

That's a nice clean engine! And a mighty angle on that shaft!

Old 11-10-2019, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Looking good. I would guess much of the credit goes to your supervisor; the cat!

Old 11-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Beginning Member
WizardMaster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
That's a nice clean engine! And a mighty angle on that shaft!
Thanks. Long story short..... Had a mechanic buddy stop over to help me set TDC to drop my new distributor in and I asked if he wanted me to pull the valve cover to watch the valves close.....I removed the driver's side valve cover and we knew our job was over for the time being...... Well, we saw two valve springs were broken, one set of keys laying next to a valve that we suspected was bent because we couldn't pull it back up to install new springs on.....Also a bent push rod to go with that bent valve.. The spring was broken into 4 pieces....
Anyway, I pulled both heads because they were rusty as were the springs and push rods, sent them down to out local machine shop, 'Competition Enterprises Racing Engines' and Bob did a beautiful job on them. I got them back, painted then, installed new push rods and cleaned and painted other items along the way. I'm glad that happened after all. I hate doing half *** jobs. Yes, that drive shaft is angled but seems to have the clearance. I will see how well it works later. If I don't use the lockers and keep the T-case in 2H, the shaft will never turn....That's one way to be ok with it until needed.

Originally Posted by christine_208
Looking good. I would guess much of the credit goes to your supervisor; the cat!
Yes, Mia is a great supervisor. She hangs with me everywhere around the yard and sleeps 'on' my side at night!! After I lay down, she thinks my legs are balance beams and walks them from my knees all the way to my shoulder where she snoozes LOL!!!!!!! She's adorable and smart.