General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

K&N vs Everything else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010 | 05:05 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

that is pretty much what mine looked like

Old 05-01-2010 | 06:49 PM
|
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phil

Thats how mine is set up, similar to what Benedict was saying. I have a 3.5" pipe, heatshield, and a Spectre filter.
looks nice, i cant see the heat shield tho.

thx for the pic.

Old 05-01-2010 | 07:01 PM
|

Originally Posted by Brian_D
looks nice, i cant see the heat shield tho.

thx for the pic.
i think i see it now. did you just cut your box for the heat shield?

Old 05-02-2010 | 07:43 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

A lot of people may disagree with me on this, but IMHO a CAI on an almost stock vehicle isnt going to gain you a huge amount of HP anyways, I'd say 5hp tops, so comparing a K&N to a cheaper version you may be looking at 3hp compared to 4hp. Im no expert Im just going on my personal experience, I cant see there being a big enough difference to justify $300

Old 05-02-2010 | 12:18 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Well what happened with me, was I ordered the Option Racing brand Cold Air Intake from eBay. I had it all put together, started up the engine and the casting snapped off on the plenum where it bolts to the TB. So I reused the factory plenum and tubing from behind the MAF. Its the same diameter as the aftermarket plenum, and you dont have to deal with the pain in the **** ordeal that it is to get the IAT sensor into the aftermarket plenum. So that heatshield is the one that came with the kit. However, I do want to make my own heatshield soon.

As for HP gain, its nothing to write home about, but I like the sound, and more important, to me anyways, is better fuel economy. Between my programmer and this I'm geting 17 city, 16 if I use the ac.

Old 05-02-2010 | 06:55 PM
|

Originally Posted by Phil
Well what happened with me, was I ordered the Option Racing brand Cold Air Intake from eBay. I had it all put together, started up the engine and the casting snapped off on the plenum where it bolts to the TB. So I reused the factory plenum and tubing from behind the MAF. Its the same diameter as the aftermarket plenum, and you dont have to deal with the pain in the **** ordeal that it is to get the IAT sensor into the aftermarket plenum. So that heatshield is the one that came with the kit. However, I do want to make my own heatshield soon.

As for HP gain, its nothing to write home about, but I like the sound, and more important, to me anyways, is better fuel economy. Between my programmer and this I'm geting 17 city, 16 if I use the ac.
if you get a sec check out that pm i sent ya