General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Beginning Member
mikmac is on a distinguished road

Bought it, ripped out everything in the interior that's broken, cleaned interior, bought some wheels, checked compression, fluids ect... good times.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:07 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

SOLD TODAY!!

Been a good run. Lots of blood, sweat, and $$$$$$$$. Part of me will miss it, but it was time to pass the torch. She lives on in another part of Massachusetts. Guy drove it over an hour back to his house.

Memories!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-project-old-engine-coming-out.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-project-compartment.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-project-engine-10-6-11.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-project-engine-compartment-finshed.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-project-finished-10-17-11.jpg  

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_4918.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-road-trip-10-rt.9w-north-ny-blazer.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-engine-right-head-off.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-engine-crankshaft-oil-pump-screen.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-engine-out-again-12.jpg  

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-s10-blazer-89-craigslist-17-.jpg  
Old 12-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Beginning Member
mikmac is on a distinguished road

Air filter, oil change, undercarriage inspection (need new oil cooler lines big suprise) the passenger 3 spark plugs, didn't have time to do the drivers side plus today.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:56 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Rusted out fuel line leaking, replaced with rubber. easy

Old 12-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

Last week I got a 0420 code for rear O2 sensor,ordered a new one from the net and replaced it. I had previously replaced both bank 1 & 2 upstream sensors about 5000 miles ago when I first got the Blazer and started to do the maintenance that had been ignored. SES is out again !

Old 12-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member
MississippiTexan is on a distinguished road

i replaced the water pump and recharged the coolant today. this Saturday i will be replacing the generator and welding up all the exhaust parts that came in from amazon!

Old 01-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Thager is on a distinguished road

oil change , new front brake pads , new idler and tensioner pulleys and i had to repair one of my oil cooler lines

Old 01-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

I replaced the vacume line from T/C vac.switch to fenderwell and discovered fluid residue in old line.pulled battery and found vac.actuator had a torn baffle? and fluid inclusion. Raced up to Chevrolet dealer for replacement part and $$$$$$$$$$$$175.00 $$$$$$$$$ Well, Rock Auto has one for about $45.00. (Dorman) Will install on arrival !

Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

You need a new transfer case seal - tranny fluid from the transmission is filling the transfer case to the brim. Ask me how I know this! Your entire vacuum system is now full of tranny fluid.

I always wondered where all my tranny fluid was going, with not a single leak ...

You'll have to drill and drain your vacuum canister too, then seal the hole back up before re-installing.

One of a long, long list of issues I had with that Jimmy in my avatar ...

Old 01-09-2016, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Still getting parts for cam/ header upgrade in the spring

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?