General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:36 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
What happened to the rear bumper?
lmao I just thought the same thing as I was scrolling

That is one CLEAN interior. Makes me want to wash and detail mine this weekend...

Maybe...

Old 10-04-2018, 11:15 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
lmao I just thought the same thing as I was scrolling

That is one CLEAN interior. Makes me want to wash and detail mine this weekend...

Maybe...
Yeah I saw that bumper, too.

But I was really liking the wood grain dash bezel and passenger vent.

My want list is endless.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Beginning Member
dirtdog is on a distinguished road

Are you talking about the scratch or how the bumper sticks out a little bit? That is from the body lift rear bumper brackets.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dirtdog
Are you talking about the scratch or how the bumper sticks out a little bit? That is from the body lift rear bumper brackets.
Body lift explains it, thank you.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Got the front end aligned after having to replace the upper ball joints in the Rough Country upper control arms. The ones that came with the control arms did not have Zerk fittings. When doing the work necessary to replace the front left output shaft seal I noticed the one upper ball joint was bad. I decided to change out both of them. Being the press-in type I learned how to use a new tool.

The down side is some how I messed up one of the ABS sensors. It is probably the one on the left side. When first installed the upper control arms, I routed the ABS sensor wire in a way that ended up rubbing off the insulation. I'm hoping it is just that simple. Don't you hate it when you think you have fixed one thing, another pops-up? LOL

Old 10-05-2018, 09:30 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
Got the front end aligned after having to replace the upper ball joints in the Rough Country upper control arms. The ones that came with the control arms did not have Zerk fittings. When doing the work necessary to replace the front left output shaft seal I noticed the one upper ball joint was bad. I decided to change out both of them. Being the press-in type I learned how to use a new tool.

The down side is some how I messed up one of the ABS sensors. It is probably the one on the left side. When first installed the upper control arms, I routed the ABS sensor wire in a way that ended up rubbing off the insulation. I'm hoping it is just that simple. Don't you hate it when you think you have fixed one thing, another pops-up? LOL
I refer to this phenomenon as The Balance of Broken Things. If you fix one thing, another thing almost immediately breaks. There must always be a balance. This is why feelings of satisfaction/success from repairs or improvements are always short lived. Now I just decide if the thing I want to correct is important enough to disturb the balance.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:55 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what you do when you have to paint those tow hooks but it's too cold and wet outside for them to dry properly. Good thing the wife's out of town.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-file-9-.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2018, 09:35 PM
odat will become famous soon enough

You may wish she stays out of town when she figures out where the spray paint overcast and paint smell in the house came from LOL. But years ago when I was married I had been known to rebuild carbs at the kitchen table

Old 10-07-2018, 09:49 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
This is what you do when you have to paint those tow hooks but it's too cold and wet outside for them to dry properly. Good thing the wife's out of town.
I'm obviously a bit of a motor-head so yeah, bring them inside to drive BUT not in the living-room!!! LOL

Old 10-07-2018, 11:23 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just her and I, so right now it's just me. Second coat goes on this afternoon. At least the painting is happening outside, right?

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?