General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 AM
Beginning Member
GregM is on a distinguished road

Got:

Double 5mm LED assemblies soldered into the standard globe holders (6 in all with 2 leds each) - looks awesome!
Installed the Angel eye headlights and lower lights - need to upgrade to HIDs +50% philips bulbs arent that bright
Installed LED globes into the LED tailights - damn those are bright!
Replaced a torn CV boot from an ignorant towie that decided to hook my CV - grrrr
Solved my fuel pump issue (used a holden commodore fuel pump with fuel return)
Cleaned out my fuel tank
Flushed the fuel lines

Busy day lol

Still have the braided lines to install and anondize alot of parts and detail the engine bay - another day

Old 08-19-2010, 05:02 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GregM
Got:

Double 5mm LED assemblies soldered into the standard globe holders (6 in all with 2 leds each) - looks awesome!
Installed the Angel eye headlights and lower lights - need to upgrade to HIDs +50% philips bulbs arent that bright
Installed LED globes into the LED tailights - damn those are bright!
Replaced a torn CV boot from an ignorant towie that decided to hook my CV - grrrr
Solved my fuel pump issue (used a holden commodore fuel pump with fuel return)
Cleaned out my fuel tank
Flushed the fuel lines

Busy day lol

Still have the braided lines to install and anondize alot of parts and detail the engine bay - another day
Pics or it didn't happen! The lights, that is. LOL

I'd like to fit LED's in my tail lights so let's see what & how you did it.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Beginning Member
GregM is on a distinguished road

lol kiwi, the LED 3057's slot straight in, runs 30 3mm LEDs that make up the one bulb!
not bad for $4 each will take some pics and post it into my post, also have pics while she was up on the hoist for a week! trying to source parts up here in syd

Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
That tip exit is nice! I'm thinkin duals like that would look pretty good...

Oh, and you've had no issue running the exhaust through the leaf pack like that? I guess now that I think of it, you would most likely hit bump stops before you ever hit the exhaust.

Edit again: I looked at the top pics and you are a long way off from the leaf springs. That's good because I'm leaning alot towards angles that straight outs.
if you like my tip http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-690033/
This tip made my truck louder and gives it a realy deep tone.

Every time I go off roading I have at least 5 people ask "what moter do you have in there?" When I tell them its the 4.3 they say "what do you have for an exhuast?" and I proceed to tell them its just no pre-cat and no muffler. Than they say "well it sounds damn good"

And originaly wanted duals but to big of a PITA on 2 doors.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pj5454302
if you like my tip http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-690033/
This tip made my truck louder and gives it a realy deep tone.

Every time I go off roading I have at least 5 people ask "what moter do you have in there?" When I tell them its the 4.3 they say "what do you have for an exhuast?" and I proceed to tell them its just no pre-cat and no muffler. Than they say "well it sounds damn good"

And originaly wanted duals but to big of a PITA on 2 doors.
Thanks for that link! I was going to ask what length it is. I think I'll go for 3.5" tips. The exhaust shop should be able to work the pipe over to the driver side. I'm hoping with a ZR2 there should be a bit more room for them to work with. From when I've looked, it seems like there should be plenty of room.

I'm partial to slash cut tips, but those straight cuts really look good with how it exits.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

tomorrow, i'm gonna take the Blazer, go see about draggin' home the Jetta. see if it's worth resurrecting.

lets just say i tore the Jetta a new one while putting it on the trailer!

why?.............siezed rear drums. no problem, drag it out to the street with the Blazer, right? but of course, it doesn't quite line up with my trailer.............so i go around to the back of it, triple loop my recovery strap trough the factory recovery point on the Jetta, and proceeded to drag it back a few feet to straighten it out.

well....................i ended up lifting the *** of the Jetta about 2 feet in the air-and ripped out the whole rear frame rail where said recovery hook is-WAS-mounted.

so i guess i'm gonna be removing my (almost) BN Winter tires, and making a trip to the recyclers.

so i guess you can say i destroyed an Import with my Blazer today!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

so i guess you can say i destroyed an Import with my Blazer today!
not a bad day in my mind haha

Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MTopper
not a bad day in my mind haha
but i actually did like my Jetta.

oh well, guess i just let it sit for far too long.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:15 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Well today on my way back from my auto collision class allmost all the streets had 2 feet of water on the right lane. (flash flooding) So while other cars were creeping threw the water, my truck was getting a underbody power wash!!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:16 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

Well I got a burned up transmission this morning on the way to work...160k miles on it. I have had put aorund 30k on it and this is the 1st major thing to go wrong...I am depressed today.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?