General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
are you saying you go through 2 a week?

or were you giving me crap for being on my 4th tank since last Thursday?
You go through the same amount? Ouch I feel ya on that one. It looked like you only was filling up once in a blue moon. Sorry sleep deprived has it moments.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Installed new HD GM swaybar links with poly bushings to replace the 2 that were broken.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
You go through the same amount? Ouch I feel ya on that one. It looked like you only was filling up once in a blue moon. Sorry sleep deprived has it moments.

i think you must've misunderstood what i was getting @.

i'm getting about 17mpg, and i've filled up my fuel tank 4 times, in the last 7 days (about 65L/17 gal each time).

you do the math.

and people wonder why i change my oil every month.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Will be working on my truck this weekend. Gonna try to get the engine in and running!!! Also gonna check out the 83 Blazer on Saturday, hopefully it will be mine soon, I'm gonna see if he will go down on the price a little.

I'm also looking to do something with my dash... I'm tired of it looking the same... I might paint it. But I would love to do something with the gauge lights.

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 09-23-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i think you must've misunderstood what i was getting @.

i'm getting about 17mpg, and i've filled up my fuel tank 4 times, in the last 7 days (about 65L/17 gal each time).

you do the math.

and people wonder why i change my oil every month.
I get 17mpg too.

I stopped counting the days between oil changes. I just know I buy a big case every three changes. 100 miles a day 7 days a week....blah. I can't wait to go back to 5 work days a week. IDC if I get paid 30 hours OT....I WANT TIME WITH MY BOYS!

I think you still got me beat so a car in order for your DD? lol....sometimes I wish I bought a car til I look at the blazer.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
I think you still got me beat so a car in order for your DD? lol....sometimes I wish I bought a car til I look at the blazer.

nope. tried going that route with the diesel Jetta.

but only getting 23 to 24 mpg wasn't that great. and when it broke (HARD!) i said chuck it!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Yeah people look at me why I'm not driving a gas saver and I just say....well this truck does everything I need...dependable and well almost paid off.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:15 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

So I'm sitting here at my Dad's... getting ready to work on my engine. And we started looking at my Camshaft and there are all sort of numbers on them, I looked online and couldn't find anything on them...

Oh... and my engine is a 4 Bolt Main...

Old 09-24-2010, 12:47 PM

That a cam or a crank? I see rods so I'm thinking I'm looking at a crankshaft.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:56 PM

Yup, that's my crankshaft. Nice and purdy if I do say so myself lol.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?