General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Ya i'll do 4awg for now, then do 0awg when i do that run install. not gonna invest time and money on it for a year or so when i have enough wire to run the 4awg now

Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Installed my new Memphis Audio SR 12" sub, picked up paint swatches at wal-mart to see how I wanted my paint and figured out the bumpers I'm going to make(well similar anyway)...pics attached

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-1012or_15_-1973_chevy_blazer-rear_bumper.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-grille-guard.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 10:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well..........

Saturday i hauled a 2WD 700R4, a 2WD 4L60E, a 4WD 4L60E, and 7 milk crates full of alts, starters, pistons & con rods, A/C compressors to my buddy's shop.

today i got the 3 tranys dismantled, all of the alts & starters (13 of them), and the pistons & rods. hope to have time to finish the rest of the break downs tomorrow. then it's off to the recyclers.

damn! forgot i've got a few rads, old BBQ & a stern drive to take apart still. guess it'll be Wednesday before i haul it away.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

exhaust, intake, HID Highs, Lows, Fogs, LED tail lights and LED third brake light was how i started my day today.... on a dodge ram with 166km on it.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Starting Member
InsanePyro is on a distinguished road

Got my repainted grille on

Awesome, yes?

Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The grill looks good!

I installed my extra HVAC control module in the Tahoe tonight. I replaced all of the back light bulbs in it a month or two ago and had it just sitting on the bench. I was going to wait until I hardwired some switches in for my blue lights, but was sick of waiting.

I also installed HIDs in the low beams. Still the HIDextra kit (), but at least I don't get interference in the radio on this truck like I did with my Rainier! Figured I would give it another try since it was just taking up space on my work bench. If it didn't work, I was going to toss it in the garbage. Now I have to get some 9005 bulbs for the highs and I'll be set!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

ordered a tuned PCM from wait4me performance. cant wait to get it!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A tuned PCM from black bear performance is next on my list as well!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

since you guys are talking about tunes.............has any member use that one up here yet.

for the life of me, i can't remember their name right now................

Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

well i went and bought a little something something last friday.

rhymes with pbs....

along with all front end joints, rods, arms and so forth..

at one point she looked like this

and this

and yup....just so ya know i did the work....

sorry about the pic....its late.

standing in at 40 inches at wheel wells

those are my 31's on there right now.
alignment is on the slate for wed morning.

all in all it took me about 25 hours give take, i would recommend no less then 3 days of free time to do this 5" lift at a decent, not so rushed pace.

so now my baby is taller then me.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?