General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well today I decided to change the front appearance of the blazer

If a final look like this

Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Found one thing I don't like about the K5... I drove it all day yesterday and today. Put about 200 miles total on it and I'm now just above quarter tank (30gal tank). :-( Love drivin' it though!

I was able to get the A/C charged back up on the Tahoe today and the repair to the line was a success! No leak and ice cold A/C again!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:33 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

2 new drive shaft universal joints, and a pint of sweat,I also finished painting the Jimmy's lowers and front bumper

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_8711.jpg  
Old 07-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Starting Member
BMG404 is on a distinguished road

i changed the brake switch on mine and thats about it for today

Old 07-31-2011, 12:49 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Installed a pioneer cd player i got for free off Craigslist only to find out it DOESN'T READ CDS!

Free Craigslist stuff sucks lol.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
Installed a pioneer cd player i got for free off Craigslist only to find out it DOESN'T READ CDS!
Does it spin the CD, but not lock onto the data?

Before you toss it, try one of those cleaning disks with the two tiny brushes on it. I have rescued a few players with it, including the optical drive in my laptop.

Loaned mine to a friend, but told him to keep it after I found another in the dollar store.

peace

Old 07-31-2011, 11:04 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Yesterday I tried to clean what I assumed was dirt off of my wheels only to find out after 15 minutes of scrubbing with the tire scrubber at the local spray and wash that it must be some sort of rusty corrosion or something, since it isn't coming off.

You can kind of see the discoloration near the spokes on the left side of the wheels in the picture. No clue how to get this crap off now, so I may just paint the wheels and be done with it for now. I hate the wheels anyways, so they're gone once I decide to buy new tires too.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Today I removed the lower valence. I noticed it had started to crack, along with the drivers front bumper mounted flare, so I just ripped them off. I'll have to get a drill (or pull out my grinder, I suppose) for the bracket on the bumper. Probably get a paint/rust removing disc for it as well and clean/paint the bumper all at once.

In the process I whacked my index finger on my right hand. Good thing I'm a lefty cuz this sucker is pretty well swollen stiff. Doesn't hurt so I don't think I broke it, just a bruise most likely.

I'm really not a fan of these trucks without that valence piece... just looks unfinished. BTW, anybody know the screw information for the oil filter door? It appears mine has vacated the premises.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Franco
Does it spin the CD, but not lock onto the data?

Before you toss it, try one of those cleaning disks with the two tiny brushes on it. I have rescued a few players with it, including the optical drive in my laptop.

Loaned mine to a friend, but told him to keep it after I found another in the dollar store.

peace
It'll suck the cd in,It changes to cd from radio,3 secs later it goes back to radio. I dont remember hearing it turn etc.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Chevy33 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission install

Shop lift sure makes transmission work a lot easier. Fought with this one way to much. Dang thing fell off the jack once. Bound up the converter next and found the problem after installing the trans support. Tightened up the passenger exhaust without the flange in place. Some days are better than others. It's rolling now.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?