General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Looked at some BA bumpers for my truck... won't be buying any anytime soon tho... but it was nice to imagine how mean my truck would look with a big peice of solid metal attached to the front. Also thought about putting some extra headlights behind my grille... I've got 4 extras Wouldn't run them unless someone decided they don't wanna turn off their brights... or I needed some extra light, if I do that I'd probably move my Fog Lamps... don't know where I'd put them.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:19 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Today I washed. Also spent 2 hours cleaning the entire interior. I was using a trouble light to shine on the dust so I could clean it off. I think that might be borderline OCD.

Tomorrow I will be changing the oil since I just rolled it over 100,000kms.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:21 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

O2 sensor in. Took the catalytic converter to a guy the auto parts store recommended. This guy is a trip. He operates out of his garage after retiring at 62. Got a nice diamond stud in his ear and his garage was rockin' 'n' rollin'. Had to sit and BS with him for a little bit but then he hooked me up cheap with a new cat with the mounting mods on it someone else had done previously. I think he had to feel me out to see if I knew anything and if I did then the price went down. I guess I passed because it was a bunch cheaper than the one I was going to put on. Someone had gutted the old catalytic converter. No wonder it wouldn't pass the emissions test. Going to install it later this week because it's in the driveway and it's snowing today.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i just put a new cv shaft in the winter beater
i think driving it all last winter with no boot on it killed it but hell it lasted over a year like that
i only replaced it because it was locking up and causing a nasty vibration on the highway and was spitting out pieces of metal ha ha i love winter beaters this truck was the best 400 i ever spent

Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RangerG
Today I washed. Also spent 2 hours cleaning the entire interior. I was using a trouble light to shine on the dust so I could clean it off. I think that might be borderline OCD.

Tomorrow I will be changing the oil since I just rolled it over 100,000kms.
I wish I could clean my truck. It's driving me nuts how dirty it is lol. Damn salt, it's impossible to keep clean in the winter. Even if I washed it as soon as I hit the streets again it wouls be dirty.
Last night I finished wiring up my roof lights. They turned out awesome . Take a look at my build thread (click my sig) for pics and details.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

does paying a shop bill count? got the 4x4 working, had to have all of this replaced

$456, but at least I have 4x4 now. The fork was snapped in half

Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

well, really...i've gotten NOTHING done on it in the last like...week or more...its senseless to wash it...cause driving the 2 miles to the car wash is pointless...as soon as i pull out..and park it...its salted again and its a never ending circle...so...gonna clean her out to get ready to go have the dash kit and speakers installed...debating on buying that "cold heat pro" tool so i can solder the speakers my self..done soldering before..its easy, might take out those "gargoyles" i superglued to my dash..and get back on the hunt for the micromachines (toy trucks) that look like mine to put them in, not w/superglue...but wood glue some thing less...half permanent..*big yawn* dunno, superglue looked like a good idea now i'm kinda cringing at what it might leave behind damage wise..not sure if goo gone will help with superglue residue...

Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
I wish I could clean my truck. It's driving me nuts how dirty it is lol. Damn salt, it's impossible to keep clean in the winter. Even if I washed it as soon as I hit the streets again it wouls be dirty.
Last night I finished wiring up my roof lights. They turned out awesome . Take a look at my build thread (click my sig) for pics and details.
Ya I had to clean mine due to the amount of salt on it. Both doors looked white. I quickly ran it out to the shop after washing it so it could dry without freezing up. It actually stayed very clean, which surprised me. Just have some of the typical mud spray from my tires on the flares.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member
Ga_Mar is an unknown quantity at this point

I mounted my gas can on the back a few days ago. I think it looks nice. It'll look better when I get the rest of my blazer set up.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Finally fixed my dash today. and got a new switch for the amp.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?