General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

glad to hear it Mike! 'Bout bloody time you brought her on down. It's almost time to break her in Texas Style!

Old 12-22-2009, 03:13 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Not too much. Put about 60Km on her. Noticed my GF forgot her pop in the cupholder after i told her not to, it expanded and filled both cupholders. But its only the rubber part, so i can toss it in the dishwasher.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

took it urban mudding more to follow in the Urban Wheeling Thread.

Also filled her up with mid grade. I'm a baller now

Old 12-27-2009, 04:13 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seafoamed mine for the first time today. Just did the intake and the PCV line. Added gumout fuel system cleaner to the tank, and redid my Amps ground wire with a street wires ground terminal.
On a side note, replaced my moms ford focus headlight assemblys with new ones. Only took about 40 minutes to change lamps, but took the same amount of time to change the bulbs about a year back. If anyones seen the headlight on a focus, you know what I mean, ford actually reccomends removing the headlight assembly to change the bulbs.
Ford=
Chevy=

Old 12-27-2009, 06:07 PM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

Put on new shocks and brake pads. Much needed considering I don't think either has ever been replaced lol. When I got my Blazer the oil looked like molasses...

Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
took it urban mudding more to follow in the Urban Wheeling Thread.

Also filled her up with mid grade. I'm a baller now
Lol I went urban mudding through a morman church grass once... OOPS!

Lucky you have the choice, I have to run at least mid grade or it pings haha.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:54 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABN31B

glad to hear it Mike! 'Bout bloody time you brought her on down. It's almost time to break her in Texas Style!
We'll see it's a rocky biotch around here. I may wait til we topsoil the job and then go mudding. LOL. I can get away with that 'cause I then get to spend some seat time on the D6R, fixing grade... Much better than riding herd on the crew.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point

i removed my roof rack and cleaned the bolted areas. Ill be removing the black strips in the next few days and give it a good buff..

Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

So I finally took the 94 Blazer to get the required state inspection (Texas) and it passed everything EXCEPT (you knew there would be one of those, didn't you?) the catalytic converter is bad (about triple the emissions max (NOx). Had to order one and it'll be here Monday. What is really ironic is that on the way home from the failed inspection, the SES light came on. I'm a poor boy withoit a scan tool so I pulled the codes using the "paperclip method" except I have a little tool that the previous owner keft me. It's for jumping the the ALDL for GM OBD 1 and also for the ABS. Spaced just right. Got a code 13. O2 sensor time. At least there was only one. What a money pit! But it sure is fun. It's now down to the Blazer or me. Still don't know which one will win yet. About to kill me. The right fender is rusted out pretty bad under the battery. I did a search of salvage yards I git off one of the posts in the forum (don't remember which one but it's in my favorites now) and actually found one locally. It matched the color and even the trim and the paint was just as faded as mine. I'm not going to have to repaint at all. Even had the same trim decal as mine. Boy, did I luck out! I had replaced the rear bumper, license plate frame and filler piece and the gray trim paint for that stuff was almost $20.00 a PINT! That didn't include the activator either. Does anyone know why my wife might be pissed?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
O2 sensor time. At least there was only one. What a money pit! ................... Does anyone know why my wife might be pissed?
is yours the Z or W engine? i know the Z O2 is waaaaay more expensive thab the W (like almost triple). or at least it used to be.

as for the wife, they're just jelious that we spend more time with the truck than them. not really sure if i enjoy it more though............hahahaha!

put my 4th tank of fuel in my Blazer since Thursday (last night). yes i know, i drive alot.

still need to change the after cat O2-maybe i'll actually get around to it this week while i'm off.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?