General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Beginning Member
Drejal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Franco
Of the two, I think the silicone is better. JB Weld is kinda brittle and would probably crack in a fairly short time. If it's not structural, I'd clean the surfaces, lay in a nice bead of silicone all around and be done with it. Just my 2¢...

peace
cool, thanks

it's not structural, just annoying to hear it rattle all the time. making it quiet with the "bubblegum" fix sure did make it nice and quiet inside for a little while!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed some new speakers all around this weekend. Was the first I did to my "new to me" blazer. I have a few other things I want to do but I am trying to not spend money on this Blazer and concentrate on my Camaro.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i took a look at my k5s today to try and get a plan of attack once i start working on them and i saw that the front clip would be a direct swap!!!!! the only difference would be the hood not being long enough but i can deal with that. the doors will be a direct swap too. all the same mounting hardware but im not sure if i would be able to keep the power windows.... and i would also have to chop off the top of the doors in order for them to work with the top. but ill make it work. either way im really excited to start working on them. damn weather!!! i need a good week or so of fair weather in order for this to go smoothly.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Got my own insurance for my Blazer. It is pretty high but I figured because of couple weeks ago. Letting my brother drive it with me because we both work at the same place. I am happy that I finally get to ride in my Blazer again Found out today that my court date moved back to January 24th instead January 31st

Last edited by chevyblazer9588; 01-16-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by litterbug
i took a look at my k5s today to try and get a plan of attack once i start working on them and i saw that the front clip would be a direct swap!!!!! the only difference would be the hood not being long enough but i can deal with that. the doors will be a direct swap too. all the same mounting hardware but im not sure if i would be able to keep the power windows.... and i would also have to chop off the top of the doors in order for them to work with the top. but ill make it work. either way im really excited to start working on them. damn weather!!! i need a good week or so of fair weather in order for this to go smoothly.
you can keep the power windows
Just need to get acc power from the ignition and walah Power for the windows =P

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
Got my own insurance for my Blazer. It is pretty high but I figured because of couple weeks ago. Letting my brother drive it with me because we both work at the same place. I am happy that I finally get to ride in my Blazer again Found out today that my court date moved back to January 24th instead January 31st
ouch I hope the best for you

Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by litterbug
wd-40 on the wheels??? what for?
the wheels on this thing are some cheap aftermarket polished wheels that were really oxidized bad from years of neglect. since its too cold to wax them weekly, i figured coating them in wd-40 would help preserve them through the winter, guess i'll find out.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:17 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I got the blazer running again
and i got my bumper light bar i broke back on

the truck looks normal again =P

Im gonna go out to get dry gas and fill her up

Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Was it a frozen line?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Why not just a bottle of gas line antifreeze, or do you have to fill up?

Old 01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Was it a frozen line?

yup

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Why not just a bottle of gas line antifreeze, or do you have to fill up?

yea i did that yesterday and i drove the truck all day today

I burnt half of tank of gas

then i just got home from putting dry gas and filling her up

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?