General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Beginning Member
rgwoehr is on a distinguished road

I installed an instrument cluster with a tach tonight

And I have to take it back out this weekend because it has some dead bulbs and I noticed after looking at that picture that the tach says 500 RPM when the truck is off. I might upgrade to LED's.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
New Cold air intake came in today! New Cold air intake installed today!

Just sayin...

And I also picked up a few things today I mentioned a little bit earlier. I had to go on campus and finish an IT Infrastructure lab (Virtual Machine, SSH, Public/Private Keys) but after that, went to wally and got purple power citrus cleaner and a tire brush to get the blue dye off the tires. They didn't have wesley's bleach, so got purple power instead. Then also got some shop towels and the turtle wax headlight restoration kit for the blaze's headlights. Looking forward to doing some of this tomorrow before class.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rgwoehr
I installed an instrument cluster with a tach tonight

And I have to take it back out this weekend because it has some dead bulbs and I noticed after looking at that picture that the tach says 500 RPM when the truck is off. I might upgrade to LED's.
Where can you get that instrument cluster? I have one on my 1995 Chevy S10 Blazer that is going out.

Last edited by chevyblazer9588; 02-07-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I gave in and went and got a roof basket...

Old 02-07-2012, 01:36 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Well I gave in and went and got a roof basket...

LOL!

That was a good one Thog! Wow haha.

And to the guy above, an instrument cluster with a tach is probably best bought at a junk yard. They are cheap there and you might want to invest in a warranty there too! Shouldn't be anymore than maybe $30 with a warranty included.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I decided to put the led strips on the light bar.

I'll get more pics tonight.
I also found about 6 1/2 feet of 4awg wire in my toolbox, I'm going to use to replace my battery to starter cable. We'll see if that helps my starting problem. I'll probably do that on sunday.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

lol at the roof basket

and the leds on the light bar look good

Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

It wasn't wiper blades after all. Put new fancy $25 winter blades on and still couldn't see anything, bought a new wiper arm (about the same price) and immediately quit running into things! Weak spring, I suspect.
Now that I have windshield wipers and working 4wd, I expect it will never snow here again.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

so far today ive replaced the valve covers with some new edelbrock ones. they are painted black besided for the raised letering on top of them. i changed the spark plug wires out and cleaned them up. they were really dirty and i didnt even notice it. i also took the rear diff cover off just to look inside and i have the g-80 rear locker on there so thats a plus. i slapped the chrome cover i have on there too along with a new gasket. so now all i need to do is find a way to grind off the first few threads on the pinion so i can screw a nut on there. the last few threads are all messed up and start cutting the nut as soon as i put it on.

i ordered a new transfer case seal and that will be on there as soon as rock auto delivers it. then i can put the driveshaft back in. i also put a washer fluid bottle in there and i also put new hoses on there too. i think i might need to switch out the washer motor too though cause im not sure if this one is working.

so all i really have left till i can start driving it is seatbelts. that and figure out why my speedo isnt working. i think the thing that screws into the transfer case might be bad. good thing i have another 2. lol. oh and i want to install a body lift so i can run those boggers without having to worry about rubbing.

all should come in time after i get my tax check back. hehe. im so excited!!!

oh and im excited about the minecraft pocket edition update coming out tomorrow!!! idk if anybody has that or not but is a sweet game!!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Beginning Member
esserville is on a distinguished road

Bought me a fuel pressure guage today .No reason to just saw it and thought it would be good addition to the garage besides you never know with a 1987 and only 214,000 on her.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?