General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

got the transfer case off, heavy bastard! not going to be fun putting that back in there. changed the fuel filter, was easier to do with the transfer case missing!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

removed the smallest leaf ine the springs and put in the smallest leaf from my f150 on which was larger than the second smallest and twice as thick and it lifted it about 1 1/2"

Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I think I fixed the oil leak coming from the block adapter. The covering of the gasket was the problem. Remove the covering on each side of the gasket and—voìla!—no more leak.

I'll know more definitely once it has sat overnight in the garage and I check it in the morning.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today drove it to the liquor store, and to the grocery store, which during this trip, make me feel pretty good.
There was a white second gen that was going across the intersection, and dude was hanging out the window smiling at the truck as they went past, and so was the driver. I was needing to go that way anyways, so I was behind them thumpin like crazy, got next to them at the next light and asked dude why he was making that goofy face at the truck.. he said "man, that thing is too clean, here I am with a 98, and I felt I had to hold the mirror on while driving past you" and he moved his hand and the side view mirror on the passenger side started dangling by wires.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed the Blue Sea Systems fuse box, via a 100 amp fuse running from the battery. Don't know if it like it as it sits, but it'll suffice for now.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:18 AM

I fixed my shift interlock problem again and installed a new headlight switch in my '98 Jimmy. I had previously wired in a switch to release the shift interlock so I could turn the key off all the way. My original wiring job wasn't so good so I re-did it to make it more reliable.

I swapped the headlight switch because it didn't light up when the lights were on. Petty, I know, especially compared to all the other work I've done on this thing, but it's worth it to me.

I'm one new post-cat oxygen sensor away from being ready to head to Eastern Washington. I leave Thursday morning.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 AM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road

Did the Quad Beam Modification and wired up some rear spotlights.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-lights-7146-picture-img-0232-26751.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-lights-7146-picture-installed-rear-spotlights-26753.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
............ ................

I'm one new post-cat oxygen sensor away from being ready to head to Eastern Washington. I leave Thursday morning.
Just FYI, the post cat sensor is 100% for emissions - it has no bearing on how your truck will run. It's sole job is telling the CPU whether or not the catalytic converter is still there, or still working. I'm guessing you probably have strict emissions testing out there in WA. Seems the same political types flock to both coasts of the USA .... we have the same b/s here in MA...

Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Got the blazer cleaned out then took my dogs to the park...should have waited to clean it after the park lol

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-n7589snl.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Just FYI, the post cat sensor is 100% for emissions - it has no bearing on how your truck will run. It's sole job is telling the CPU whether or not the catalytic converter is still there, or still working. I'm guessing you probably have strict emissions testing out there in WA. Seems the same political types flock to both coasts of the USA .... we have the same b/s here in MA...
You're absolutely right Smitty! The powers that be here in WA like to make sure the Check Engine light never comes on. I'm due for an inspection in spring next year so I didn't need to do it yet. I just don't like staring at that light!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?