General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Just finished up swapping the internal electronic shift servos along with a filter and fluid change Went for a test drive and its back to shifting like its suppose to rather than a ton of slip in between gears

Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I know of a couple tricks Toby - first one is a cheater sensor. They cost some money, will fail like a regular sensor, and are a bit hard to find.

My choice would be a spark plug defouler. Screw that in the sensor bung in the pipe, then screw the sensor into it. Your cat suddenly becomes good again, and the light goes out. Like magic, lol.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

the other day i finshed installing the box that altoncustomtech designed for me. picked up some 1 1/2 spacer and a unopened chevy LED trailerhitch at a yard sale yesterday and got them installed today.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed out an alternator.. not on mine, though. I was leaving the complex, and this guy was pulled over with the hood open in a 99. So I stopped, gave him a jump start, took the DMM and did a charging system test, determined his alternator was bad. So, after calling around to find the best price, we went and got one at Auto Zone and installed it.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM
WMA1979 is on a distinguished road

I changed out the fuel pump on my 2001 Chevy Trailblazer 2WD, 4 DR. Also, I've been tinkering with the Auto A/C resistor, blend door actuator, and rotted out vacuum lines. Fuel pump was easy...I have a small hydraulic jack that I fitted with a support to hold up the tank. Tank was empty, so this was very simple to do with my car ramps. Done in about an hour, and service shops wanted $380 + parts(another $189). My part was $59 for the entire pump assembly with my discount. A/C resistor and blend door is a pain! Looking through the dropped glove door opening, I'm looking at the "left" vacuum actuator, with the silver metal arm. At the end of that arm it's supposed to attach to a white plastic arm. That piece is broke and connecting the two is not going to happen. Any ideas how to get at that? Hope my picture comes through. Thanks, Robin.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:16 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Got my brakes done finally

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-vyyk8hfl.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by slcblazer

Got my brakes done finally
makes me sad to see a car in the shop for brakes, they are so simple!

But, glad you got them done.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road

Replaced my first radiator today,not on mine thouigh .A buddy of mine joined the cool kids club and bought an 04' 4dr 4x4 blazer ! He got a great deal for it though only problem is it came with a busted radiator which the dealership said they could fix it for about 380 ! 120 for parts and 260 for the labor !! Isn't that rediculous ?? I told him that I was so proud of him for buying a blazer that I would help him find the cheapest part and help him do the work for free ! 1 hour of time and I learned to replace a radiator and teach him as well. (Had a pretty good idea how it all works and what to do to replace it without research) Turns out the other one was fine just missing the petcock so all the fluid would just flush out the bottom everytime....justed needed that piece, oh well new is better right ?!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Horton
Replaced my first radiator today,not on mine thouigh .A buddy of mine joined the cool kids club and bought an 04' 4dr 4x4 blazer ! He got a great deal for it though only problem is it came with a busted radiator which the dealership said they could fix it for about 380 ! 120 for parts and 260 for the labor !! Isn't that rediculous ?? I told him that I was so proud of him for buying a blazer that I would help him find the cheapest part and help him do the work for free ! 1 hour of time and I learned to replace a radiator and teach him as well. (Had a pretty good idea how it all works and what to do to replace it without research) Turns out the other one was fine just missing the petcock so all the fluid would just flush out the bottom everytime....justed needed that piece, oh well new is better right ?!
awesome, thats what I like to hear, doin it yourself! Hey, now he has a spare radiator.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:05 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
makes me sad to see a car in the shop for brakes, they are so simple!

But, glad you got them done.
Oh yeah tell me about it, but my apartment complex charged me 50 bucks for changing my own oil. So I had no choice

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?