General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Beginning Member
Krista Aman-Widgren is on a distinguished road

Nothing fun here. Just a new serpentine belt and a cooling system flush.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Big 3 upgrade, charging system increased 1 full volt!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM
mossy500 is on a distinguished road

Finished 395a on the rear drivers side. Getting ready to buy new gas tank pump and straps

Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 PM
redblzr4x4 is on a distinguished road

Drowned my blazer in a small pond last Saturday...since then I've replaced battery, starter,tccm,plugs, wires, cap n rotor,idle air control, throttle positioning sensor,flushed the pink milkshake out of the tranny, and cappuccino out of the motor. Finally got it running good again....now to start saving for the front diff seal job....I have the seal already, but figured it would be a good time to replace ball joints and control arm bushings....

Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

Installed 2 tow point's into my front bumper today kinda like this:

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-robsteez-56368-albums-blazer-33-s-7494-picture-tow-hooks-27778.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by redblzr4x4
...since then I've ............ flushed the pink milkshake out of the tranny, and cappuccino out of the motor .... ..
Just like this, I bet ...

This came out of a generator that the owner left outside, uncovered for 3 or more years ... probably more .. lol. Got it running after pouring acetone/tranny fluid down the plug hole to free up the seized piston. Cleaned the chunks out the carb and she runs like a champ now.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-oilchangegeneratormilkyoil2_zps18be045f.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 07:14 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Got all the rocker arms tightened down on the engine and put on one of the valve covers

Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
redblzr4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Just like this, I bet ...

This came out of a generator that the owner left outside, uncovered for 3 or more years ... probably more .. lol. Got it running after pouring acetone/tranny fluid down the plug hole to free up the seized piston. Cleaned the chunks out the carb and she runs like a champ now.

yup, just like that....

Old 11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

did my fuel filter. I forgot that a little fuel runs out of it until you get the new one on lol. i laid to the side of it and ofcourse it ran down my arm into my eye. and i didnt get the bracket loose enough to slide the old one out. So,one eye open,fuel falling on me...

its done. I tell ya,so much **** came out of the old one,and you could barely blow through it.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
did my fuel filter. I forgot that a little fuel runs out of it until you get the new one on lol. i laid to the side of it and ofcourse it ran down my arm into my eye. and i didnt get the bracket loose enough to slide the old one out. So,one eye open,fuel falling on me...

its done. I tell ya,so much **** came out of the old one,and you could barely blow through it.
I feel your pain. The wife used to have a '92 Cadillac STS. I replaced the fuel filter in that car once. I followed the procedure to depressurize the fuel system but there was still some residual pressure in it. When I cracked the nut loose fuel sprayed out sideways and under my safety glasses and directly into my eyes. That was not a fun time.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?