2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

I guess it is possible, but I can not find any diagrams that show this function in the schematics of the fuel pump controls... And looking at all of the wire descriptions that enter/exit the PCM, none of them are from the oil pressure sensor... Seems odd... But my references does mention it as the oil pressure cutoff switch which must be integrated into the sending unit somehow. I cannot find a connector view for the oil pressure sending unit either...

Does the oil pressure gauge work in the dash when it is running on starting fluid?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea the gauge works when cranking and when starting, but is there two oil pressure switches? I was looking at a compontent location diagram and it show a fuel pump oil pressure switch. Is there a seperate switch that runs the guage in the dash, also where is the second ground located on drivers side, couldnt sem to find it.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The ground should be off of a similar location on the back of the cylinder head.

And there is only one oil pressure unit.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Ok, does the ground on the driver side mount under the hood weather stripping like the passenger side, I cant see one from on top or below the motor.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Oh no, this just goes into the main wiring harness. The ground strap you are talking about on the passenger side is not the G103 ground, that is just the block to body ground strap. The G103 ground goes into the harness just like the G105 ground does.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 PM

Oh, ok, I guess I'll look again then, are they any certain color, and what gauge are they?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Black. Not sure on the gage...

Old 01-07-2009, 02:54 PM

So u have wiring schematics right, do you which of the PCM plugs contains these grounds, and should be able to test the grounds through the plugs correct.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Yes, they go to the PCM. I do not have that information at work though. I will post it when I get home tonight.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:04 PM

OK, great that would be greatly helpful.

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help