Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

HaHa thanks tibby! Just a heads up if you remove the flip down caps on the power outlets you can still use all of them with the radio mounted where mine is For my coax i just drilled a hole into the area where the jack is mounted inside the truck and put a grommet in and ran the wire through there into the inside of the truck and then pulled the carpet back and ran it under there all the way to the front of the truck. This seems to work well for me and you can't see any wires anywhere on my truck with it this way.

Thanks to you as well Jimmy_Blazer. I want to to the BL to but I have to wait a bit as we use my truck to haul our new baby around in and my wife already has a hard enough time getting him in and out. I think hopefully by the end of summer I will have it done though. Let me know if you have any questions on the posi-lock setup. I have to say with everything I have done to my truck its still one of my favorite mods just because I know if I need 4x4 its going to work for me and it has time and time again. For the liner I used probably 2/3s of the 1 gallon can. If it wasn't dark out I would have finished up what I had left in there on extra coats but I have good even coverage and its holding up really well so far. I am very happy with it so far though. Let me know if you have any questions on anything.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
HaHa thanks tibby! Just a heads up if you remove the flip down caps on the power outlets you can still use all of them with the radio mounted where mine is For my coax i just drilled a hole into the area where the jack is mounted inside the truck and put a grommet in and ran the wire through there into the inside of the truck and then pulled the carpet back and ran it under there all the way to the front of the truck. This seems to work well for me and you can't see any wires anywhere on my truck with it this way.

Thanks to you as well Jimmy_Blazer. I want to to the BL to but I have to wait a bit as we use my truck to haul our new baby around in and my wife already has a hard enough time getting him in and out. I think hopefully by the end of summer I will have it done though. Let me know if you have any questions on the posi-lock setup. I have to say with everything I have done to my truck its still one of my favorite mods just because I know if I need 4x4 its going to work for me and it has time and time again. For the liner I used probably 2/3s of the 1 gallon can. If it wasn't dark out I would have finished up what I had left in there on extra coats but I have good even coverage and its holding up really well so far. I am very happy with it so far though. Let me know if you have any questions on anything.
Congratulations on the addition! Hopefully this summer I will get the time to work on mine. Right now I am using a C-clamp to hold the actuator so my 4x4 is working. How much did that rig cost you and how much of that cable did you need?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thank you! I think all said and done I have like $45 into it. I did a better write up on it over on s10forum cause a couple guys asked about it. I don't spend much time there though so if you have questions its better to ask here! heres a link

Converting 4x4 vacuum to cable - S-10 Forum
GO to post #43

If there is enough interest over here I will do a good write up on it here as well. I used all but about 12-16" of the cable.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Sweet, thanks! I bookmarked both that and this thread lol.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

So I got this beauty delivered today! I bit the bullet and spent way more cash than I planned on for my intake but I think it paid off for me in shear satisfaction I have only driven like a mile this morning since I installed it but I think I feel a small difference. Not the 18 hp and 40 ftlbs of torque they claim but its a bit smoother on acceleration and I think it also smoothed out my bumpy idle while sitting still but in gear with my foot on the brake. I guess time will tell and I hope possibly I'll gain an mpg or two but I'm not counting on it. I plan to order one of the cheap ebay kits and use the tubing from it to eliminate the crappy flowing accordian tube thats left on there as well. Well heres the pics.....

Out with the old..

In with the new..

Oh and I made a couple adjustments after taking the pics to get a better seal against the core support as well!.

Last edited by rexmburns; 03-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Hey, what can I say. That is a beautiful intake and filter haha. I looked at that system, but didn't want to shell out an arm and two legs for it. If I find a good deal, I'll go the same route you did. My grief with most cai's though is off-roading. When I go off-roading I don't want to worry about wetting my filter and all that jazz. With the intake you got, it looks pretty difficult for water to get in especially since it's level and not pointing downward.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Tibby I did shed a small tear or two at checkout on that purchase. Yeah I agree that some of them are a bit to open. I guess the only real way to prevent water damage is to fab up a snorkle!! I think I should be ok for a while now though. I do plan to buy one of these for a small bit of added protection as well Amazon.com: Air Filter Wraps Pre-Filter Water Resistant Cone Shape: Automotive.

Now on to todays accomplishments.

First I cleaned my throttle body.
Before....

After....

I couldn't find my star bits to remove the sensors from the side to clean really well in there but I will do that whenever they decide to show up again. I also added a Poweraid TBS. I know most feel its a waste of money and it probably is but I got mine brand new in the box for $5 so if it doesn't do anything I will take it off and have a pretty red paper weight for my desk at work.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I would have done the throttle body mod when you had it off. It make a worlds difference in low end power and throttle response. Made the truck a lot nicer to drive, It should have came from the factory that way

Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

I thought about doing it but I want to do a bit more research and reading before I take the plunge. I have read so many mixed reviews and just can't talk myself into it yet.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Really lovin' this truck!!

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build